45

"Ugh!" Namjoon groaned as he turned around in bed. He had locked himself in the room after the call with Seokjin. He didn't want to face his father or anyone other than Hoseok. Nothing interested him anymore. Hoseok and others were really worried about him as he was nearly talking to anyone. Hoseok gave him food but most of it went uneaten. Namjoon really felt like he was being too emotional, ignoring his duties for a man, but he couldn't start working at all. The door opened, letting Hoseok into the room.

"I didn't ask for anything." Namjoon sat up on the bed. He looked at the huge clock on the wall, "And it is not time for food."

Hoseok sighed, "You have been ignoring your duties for way too long, Namjoon-ah. Do us all a favour and start working."

Namjoon laid down again, "Get out."

Hoseok huffed, "Namjoon you-"

"It's an order, Hoseok-ah." Namjoon turned around, "Get out."

Hoseok sighed again, "Fine. I am leaving this file here. Take a look at it when you feel like it." He placed the file on the bedside table and left after bowing to Namjoon. He stopped in his tracks and turned back, "Ah, you should look at your emails as well. Some of them can only be answered by you. They are more important."

Namjoon turned around and looked at the door that Hoseok closed after himself and then at the file. He sat up properly and took the file. The file contained all the information on what had happened in the three days that he was unconscious. Namjoon scanned the file and closed it immediately. He was in no mood to see what was going on around him. His phone chimed as soon as he put the file down. He immediately checked it thinking it might be Seokjin. But the message was from Taehyng.

Kim Taehyung

Hyung, you need to come to the main hall right now.

His majesty was attacked.

Namjoon's eyes went wide. He stumbled out of bed and ran down the lobby. His brain stopped working as soon as he saw the text. He didn't care that he was only wearing a t-shirt and tracks. He didn't care that people will see him in this situation. His main concern right now was the king. As he ran, the distance between his room and the main hall suddenly seemed long. He wondered why his room was so far from everything. Soon he reached the main hall and saw the king sitting in the wheelchair. He knelt down in front of him, anxiety clear in his eyes, "Abeoji... are you okay?"

Wonyoung nodded, "I am alright. Don't worry about me."

Namjoon looked at the main guard of the king, "What happened?"

The guard looked down, "We were going to the temple on the mountain. His majesty wanted to thank the gods for keeping you safe and healthy. Suddenly I got a call from the intelligence that his majesty was in danger. So we turned back, but the truck still hit the car. We missed it but the accident still happened."

namjoon felt like a jerk for thinking that the king did not care for him. He looked at his hand and closed his eyes. What would have happened if something had happened to his father? He can't bare to lose his father under any circumstances. Namjoon looked up and smiled sadly at his father, "Are you really okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" Namjoon started scanning the king when the king stopped him.

"I am alright, Namjoon-ah. Don't worry too much, my child." The king smiled as he patted Namjoon's head.

Namjoon turned to Taehyung, "Who gave the intel?"

"We got an official email from Myeongseong." Taehyung looked away, "You know their internal and external security works on spies. I think they knew that his majesty was going to get attacked.