23

A/N: I downloaded BTS island. Let's be friends there. My id is riridi (I know it's v random😆) I just downloaded it today. Please be easy on me🥺🥺🥺

*

The plane landed after 15 hours. When Yoongi got out, he had expected the weather to be just like five months ago but he was wrong. The weather was warmer than before. There was no snow but the air was cold and the sun made the weather perfectly warm. He sighed as the cold breeze rushed through his skin.

"Welcome back to Yansang, Yoongi-shi."

Yoongi smiled, "Thank you so much, Hoseok-shi. Can I request one thing?"

Hoseok shrugged, "Sure."

"Let's drop the formalities. We will be working together more often now." Yoongi said as he followed Hoseok to the cars. "You can call me hyung."

Hoseok giggled, "Of course, hyung! But you would have to call Hobi."

Yoongi chuckled, "Of course."

As they reached the palace, Namjoon greeted Yoongi at the entrance. He was escorted to the same room he stayed in before. Hoseok arranged for the bags to be dropped in his room. When the bag was in the room, Hoseok turned to Yoongi, "Your meeting with his majesty would be tomorrow at 11 in the morning."

Yoongi smiled brightly, "Oh great! So I can leave Yangsan tomorrow evening, then."

Hoseok's smile fell, "Well, we hoped you would stay longer."

Yoongi chuckled softly, "Yeah, but honestly, this is not my job and I still have to take care of some things in Myeongseong. So I must leave."

Hoseok nodded, "I can understand." He turned to leave but Yoongi stopped him.

"Oh, Ummm. Where can I find Taehyung?"

Hoseok raised his eyebrows but smiled immediately, "He must be in the main hall right now."

Yoongi nodded, "Thank you." He waited for Hoseok to leave the room before he opened his bag. There was a box, a gift-wrapped prettily and the key-thingy Seokjin gave him. He sighed and put the key in his pocket and took the gift before closing the bag and leaving the room. He smoothly navigated his way through the palace and reached the main hall. There he found Taehyung talking to someone. When Yoongi went a bit closer, he found the man to be Seokjin's informer in disguise. Poor disguise if you asked Yoongi. He waited for the talk to end at a respectful distance. When the informer saw Yoongi, he bowed to Taehyung before leaving him. Taehyung turned back and smiled widely, displaying his rectangular smile.

"Yoongi hyung!" He brisked to him, "You are here."

Yoongi smiled and nodded, "Just arrived."

"Let's go talk somewhere else," Taehyung said as he turned around and started walking. As Yoongi followed Taehyung, he realised they were entering the restricted area. Taehyung stopped when they reached the royal nursery. He sat on one of the benches and patted the place beside him.

Yoongi sat there and looked around in awe. The palace was crazy good. There were different types of flowers and trees. He also spotted the greenhouse that was gifted to Namjoon just a little far from where they sat. The garden was so pretty that there were butterflies flying. Yoongi looked at his hand and gave the gift to Taehyung, "Jiminie sent this for you. I hope you like it."

"Oh!" Taehyung took the box and started opening it. His eyes sparkled with excitement. A little gasp left his lips as he saw what was in the box. There was a little statue of a boy with a broken heart in his hand and wings growing on his back. Taehyung huffed a little as a drop of tear fell from his eye. "This is so..."

"Pretty?"

Taehyung looked up and nodded. He stifled a laugh through his tears, "It is me, isn't it?"

Yoongi nodded, "Yes. Jimin made it as soon as we returned to Myeongseong. He refused to tell me what it meant. But he said that you will get it."

Taehyung wiped his tears and looked at the statue with a strange longingness. "Jiminie is such a little surprise package."

Yoongi chuckled, "Oh, definitely."

They got distracted by distant chatter. It was inaudible but when they looked in the direction, they found Namjoon talking to Wonyoung. The King looked proud of something that the prince did.

Taehyung chuckled, "It must be nice to be close to your father."

Yoongi looked at Taehyung, "Your father..."

Taehyung sighed, "Both my parents died when I was young. His majesty took me in because he pitied me. I am really jealous of the prince."

Yoongi patted his thigh, "Be careful about what you ask for."

Taehyung looked at Yoongi, "What do you mean?"

"I'll tell you something about my childhood." Yoongi smiled softly, "Seokjin hyung's father and my appa were close friends. So naturally, I got compared to him a lot. We are just a few months apart. After his father died, my appa took him in. I was very mad. Like, imagine someone better than you suddenly coming into the house permanently. I was always second no matter how hard I tried. And he would score full marks even if he was just playing around. It was like I got 99 on a test because that was all I could get. But he got 100 because that was all they could give him. Do you understand how hard it always was?"

Taehyung's eyes were wide throughout the story. Yoongi thought it was cute how attentive he was. "But how did you get so close?" He said in a pout.

Yoongi sighed, "One day, when we got our results, I went to the rooftop to get away from appa and I found Jin hyung there. He was looking at the sky and crying bitterly. I was really confused. Like he had all the attention and everyone loved him, then why was he crying? So I sat beside him. He looked at me and wiped his tears before saying that he was really jealous of me. I was more confused. He was living the life that I always wanted and still he was jealous of me. When I asked why he said that at least I had my parents by my side to nag me. If he did something wrong, there was no one to stop him. To nag him. He started crying again. That day I realised how privileged I was. When Seokjin hyung's father died, all he got was his bloodied clothes. And to date, he doesn't even know if his mother is alive or not. He is really strong. I can't even imagine myself in his place. That day, I knew how much pain he carries in his heart every day as he serves his country. The same country for which he lost his parents."

Taehyung sniffled as he wiped his tears. He looked at Yoongi and smiled through his tears, "Thank you. Thank you so much. I will always remember what you just said. I am sure Prince Namjoon would love to live one normal day where he is not buried under those responsibilities of the title. It must be hard for him too."

Yoongi nodded. He slowly wiped the remaining tears and patted his cheek. "You are doing great, Taehyung-ah. Just the way you are."

They talked a little after that. After about half an hour, they went back to the building and Taehyung guided Yoongi to his room. "I really enjoyed your company. Thank you."

Yoongi nodded. "Oh, and try to come for my king's 50th celebration, if you can. Jimin would be very happy."

Taehyung nodded and smiled, "I'll try."