14

The night was really starry. The palace was decorated like it was someone's wedding. Seokjin wanted to laugh at how "low key" the ball was. He could recognise some of the guests as the representatives of many countries came to the ball. He was going through the hall greeting everyone that he knew or being introduced to new people from various countries.

He was standing with his group when suddenly the people cheered loudly. Seokjin looked at the entrance and understood the cheering. Namjoon had just entered the hall followed by Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung. He was humbly bowing to everyone who was older than him. Namjoon was wearing a satin white shirt under a very heavy, bright red velvet jacket and white fur coat. There was a sash across his shoulder that had a golden brooch with the kingdom's symbol. All the four of them looked like they came right out of some bad-boy drama series. But Seokjin's eyes were fixed on Namjoon. It's not that Seokjin didn't look breath-taking himself but something about Namjoon hit differently.

"Stop staring at him like you want to eat him."

He flinched and looked beside him. Yoongi hid his smirk behind the pretence of drinking from his glass. Seokjin smirked, "What if I want to, though? Look at him, he looks like a fucking full-course meal."

Yoongi rolled his eyes and shook his head. "He is the prince, hyung. Next in line." He put the glass down and gave a curt nod to Hoseok who returned it back. "Let's just return to Myeongseong without doing something you will regret later."

Seokjin chuckled, "Like I ever regret my decisions."

Yoongi clicked his tongue, "Hyung..." He whined and turned completely to him.

"Whatever." Seokjin tilted his head, still looking at Namjoon, "How did you and Hoseok-shi become so close?"

Yoongi sighed. He knew Seokjin wouldn't listen to him anyway. "We met in the market when I went there to give the money to your informer. He was really friendly and sociable... I guess."

Seokjin nodded, "I see what he did." He finally looked at Yoongi, "He thinks Myeongseong sent an assassin with us." He chuckled as he sipped from his glass, "As if the king would be still alive if there was an assassin from our side."

Yoongi was shocked, "Wow."

Seokjin smiled, "But don't worry. I cleared our name when his highness came to give me the invite."

Yoongi sighed in relief, "Oh, thank god. I am so glad that you were chosen to be here. Those old geezers would have been offended and sparked the blown-out fire again."

Seokjin nodded. He put the glass down and leaned towards Yoongi, "Follow me."

"Hyung!" Yoongi tried to stop him, but he was too late. He shook his head and told everyone else to follow them.

"Your highness." Seokjin bowed with a smile. Everyone followed. Seokjin looked at Bangchan. He fumbled a bit but then produced a bouquet of flowers and gave it to Seokjin. Seokjin looked at Namjoon again, "Many many happy returns of the day, your highness."

To everyone standing there, it looked like a bare minimum gift to be given to a prince of such high stature and a powerful kingdom. Who gives a bouquet? Everyone else had done their best to pick out the gifts carefully and they were really expensive as well.

Namjoon smiled brightly as he took the flowers and gave them to Hoseok. He turned to Seokjin, "It wasn't really necessary. You already gave me the best gift this morning, Seokjin-shi."

Seokjin chuckled internally. This brat! Still trying to get me in an awkward situation. He just flashed a smile, "Well, I can't come to a ball empty-handed." He leaned a bit closer to Namjoon, "Though, I would like to make it clear that the gift in the morning was from Myeongseong and this bouquet is from hyung."