44

Namjoon exhaled heavily. Smoke came out of his mouth and nose as he breathed. The cold was increasing as the days went by and Namjoon became extremely busy with work. He sniffled a bit before giving other orders to Hoseok. Jungkook stood behind him worrying about his prince's health. But Namjoon was stubborn. He wanted to handle everything before going to the palace. A few hours later, there was a warning bell indicating that the blizzard was nearing the kingdom. Namjoon's eyes went wide and he gasped a little. He turned to Hoseok, "Close all the kingdom gates, higher the walls and send a force into the kingdom. If someone is on the streets, bring them to the palace warehouse. Make sure the warehouse is well heated. Report to me if anything goes wrong. I am serious Hoseok, please don't hide anything from me just because I have minor flu."

Hoseok bowed and left immediately. Namjoon turned to Taehyung, "Send a special force to abeoji and make sure he doesn't get out of the room. Keep a doctor and two nurses with him. You stay with him as well." Taehyung nodded and left after bowing. Namjoon took a deep breath. He looked at Jungkook and smiled apologetically. "I am going to my room, Kook-ah. Don't worry. Go with a special force to the remote areas and see if anyone needs help. I will wait in my room for you guys."

Jungkook nodded, "Please go to sleep, your highness. And don't stress too much, yeah? I am sure Hobi hyung will handle everything."

Namjoon smiled and patted Jungkook's shoulder before entering the palace. As he walked through the corridor, he looked at the greenhouse that was gifted by Myeonseong. Well, technically it was from Seokjin but they never addressed it. He looked around but didn't find anyone. He immediately walked to the glass house and looked around again. He finally sighed and started pushing it into the garage. By the time the glass house was safe, Namjoon was panting like crazy. His vision became blurry. His body felt like it was melting down. He just wished that he would reach the room before someone found him and reported to his father. Or Worse. To Hoseok. Luckily, he reached his room. But before he could bathe or change, he fell on the bed.

~

The sun was bright. It was so bright that it was hurting his eyes. Wait... Namjoon opened his eyes and looked out of the window. The snowstorm was over? How long was he in the bed? What about the other people? He looked around and found Hoseok sleeping on the couch with his head in Jungkook's lap while Jungkook's eyes were closed as well. Namjoon closed his eyes. He felt bad for the people around him. He can't fall like this when his people need him the most. He opened his eyes and tried to get up but winced.

"Ah, you are up."

Namjoon looked at the voice and smiled, "Yeah. How is abeoji?"

Taehyung chuckled, "You shouldn't worry about him. He is alright. How about you? How are you feeling?"

Namjoon sighed, "I don't know. I am still processing things. How long was I out?"

"3 days."

"WHAT?" Namjoon yelled, "Wait, really?

"Aish..." Hoseok steered out of his sleep and looked around. "Be a little quieter. Jungkookie will wake up."

"Sorry." Namjoon smiled a little.

"How are you feeling?" Hoseok spoke just above a whisper.

Namjoon nodded, "Fine." He sighed and hid his face in his hands. He felt like a loser. How will he rule an entire kingdom if he can't even handle a cold for a while? The entire kingdom depended on him. His mind flashed some memories from his childhood.

"Why are you so weak? Look at the prince from other countries. How can you be defeated in a measly fight like that? I can't believe you are my child."