40

The next day was busy for both Namjoon and Seokjin. Seokjin was busy with the spy that they had caught and Namjoon with the meetings of the council from his kingdom. It would really be easy for them to spend these last days together if the damn spy would start talking and the council of Yangsang would be less irritating. In this ruckus, Namjoon became more stressed when the commander in chief told him that there was a spy in the kingdom in his absence. It was a confirmed news that Myeongseong had sent their best spy to Yangsang. The reason why the spy was there was still not found. Namjoon felt the pressure to go back and set everything straight. He knew his father was the king, but there were some things that only Namjoon handled.

"No, I will handle it when I get there." Namjoon sighed.

But your highness, the spy could have stolen something important.

Namjoon nodded, "I know. I am coming back tomorrow. We will investigate further. Do you know who came?"

I think it was Phantom. But we are still investigating. We will make sure to have a proper file when you return.

Namjoon hummed, "Okay. That would be fine. Also release a warrant against Phantom. We want him dead or alive."

Yes, your highness.

Namjoon cut the call and sighed. He was already tired and frustrated because of the fact that he had to leave soon. And on the top of that the people in his kingdom were being incompetent. It was the first time he left the kingdom and his subordinates were making it difficult for him. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before leaving the room. As he made his way to Hoseok's room, he found Taehyung talking to princess Yuri. He was smiling brightly as he listened to Yuri talk. Namjoon chuckled a little as he saw both of them laughing and talking like they knew each other since ages. They looked in their own world. Without disturbing them, Namjoon continued to walk to Hoseok's room. He still wondered how Yuri and Taehyung got so close. He should talk to Taehyung about this. The door opened after one knock revealing Jungkook, still half sleepy and only in his tracks.

"Oh, Joonie hyung."

Namjoon entered the room and saw Hoseok closing the buttons of his shirt. "Hey, why are you here?"

Namjoon sat on the couch, "We will have to reach Yangsang as soon as possible. We well leave tomorrow evening."

Hoseok nodded, "I will make the arrangements."

"Also make an appointment with Prince Yeonjun. We need to discuss some things."

Hoseok took his phone and nodded, "I will talk to Soobin."

"No, I think I will just meet him right now. You don't need to call for an official meeting." Namjoon exited the room and started walking towards the main hall. He was hoping to bump into Seokjin once but he just had no luck. He saw Yeonjun standing in front of the entrance with Soobin. They were talking about something and it looked really important. Namjoon stopped at a respectable distance to not intrude on them.

Yeonjun noticed Namjoon and smiled at him, "Namjoon-shi... please."

Namjoon stepped forward, "Yeonjun-shi. I am sorry for interrupting, but I wanted to ask you something."

Yeonjun chuckled, "Oh, please. You are not interrupting anything. We were just talking. What do you want?"

Namjoon hummed, "I wanted to ask if I can take the prisoner Kwang Hyunmin with me."

Yeonjun's eyes widened but he smiled immediately, "Of course. Just drop the official request in the mail and we will send him after a week. You know, protocols."

Namjoon nodded, "Of course. I understand, Yeonjun-shi. I will tell Hoseok to mail to the Myeongseong official ID." He smiled before leaving the two alone. When he saw Taehyung and Yuri again, he took his phone out and smiled a little at the wallpaper. He knew it was a little risky but he had still set up the wallpaper of him and Seokjin's first picture that they took in Yangsang where Seokjin had complimented his smile.

Jinie hyung

Hyung, I am leaving tomorrow in the evening.

I am sorry we can not have dinner tonight.

Yeonjun-shi asked me to eat with the royal family and I didn't have any valid reason to refuse it.

If you get free, text me.

Or just find me in my room.

I love you.

Seen

Namjoon sighed when he didn't get any reply. Guess he was busy. He locked the phone and went back to his room. He needed to pack the bags so that they can leave tomorrow. While he was packing, he came across the pot that Seokjin had gifted him. There was a little bud in the plant. He hoped it was a flower and not another leaf. The day went by without any trouble. The only thing making Namjoon uncomfortable was that he didn't get to see Seokjin the entire day. He wished he would at least spend some time with Seokjin before he left.

~

It was frustrating and annoying. The time with Seokjin was just as short as it was amazing. But he hadn't met Seokjin for almost three days and today when he was leaving, he really needed to be in Seokjin's presence. All the texts that he sent were going unread. Did he leave the country again?

"It was a great experience being here." Namjoon bowed to the king as he and his team prepared to leave.

Seunghyun nodded, "We enjoyed your company as well. You are really down to earth. Totally opposite to what I have heard about your people. I hope you visit us again."

Namjoon's cheeks burned as he was not really habitual to hearing his praises. He bowed again before turning to the car. He looked around one last time to see if Seokjin was around there somewhere to be with him one last time. He sighed and entered the car followed by Hoseok. Jungkook sat in the car behind them with Taehyung. Everyone was there to see the people from Yangsang off. Jimin gave a little something to Taehyung and hugged him tightly before he went away. Yoongi was smiling standing beside him as the two best friends bid goodbye.

All the hopes shattered when the car started moving. Namjoon sighed and closed his eyes as he rested his head on the backrest. Well, that was it then.