22

The sky was getting cloudy as the days went by in Myeongseong. Seokjin hoped that it wouldn't rain so soon. It's not that he hated the rain, but something he didn't like either. He sighed when he reached the palace without getting wet. His phone buzzed as soon as he entered the main building.

Prince Joon

It must be raining right now in Myeongseong.
I wonder how beautiful it must be.

Seokjin rolled his eyes.

Prince Joon

It's not raining yet.
I'm sure you'd love it.
I don't have any opinion on it

*Gasp*
You don't like it??

I didn't say I don't like it!

Sounds the same to me.

Seokjin shook his head and told Namjoon he was a little busy right then. They said their usual byes before Seokjin locked his phone. It had been five months since he left Yangsan but he talked to Namjoon almost every day. Namjoon would text him about something interesting happening in Yangsan and Seokjin would do the same for Myeongseong. Both of them made sure that their conversations were purely friendly and highly secured. Seokjin even taught Namjoon how to code so that Namjoon could encrypt their chats. It had become their little routine to text each other every day. The time difference between them didn't stop them from chatting.

Seokjin knocked on the door and entered after he got permission. He bowed and gave the files in his hand to Youngbae, "These are reports you asked for and some extra information on Southern kingdoms."

Youngbae hummed, "I have some other tasks for you. It might take weeks." He gave a file to Seokjin, "But first, there is a list of guests that would come to his majesty's fiftieth birthday. Check the list and pass it on to his majesty. After that, I'll give you the most important task."

Seokjin scanned the file quickly. A small smile came to his face when he saw Yangsan in it too.

"Oh," Youngbae took something out of his drawer and gave it to Seokjin, "Princess Hana sent you this."

Seokjin raised his eyebrows. He took the envelope and opened it to find a small card. It was sincere gratitude from her side for helping her at the year-end party. Seokjin wondered why the card came in after 5 months, but he was happy that the princess was safe and sound.

"You are really a gentleman." Youngbae smiled.

Seokjin chuckled, "The king must be out of his mind to send such a young girl alone."

Youngbae nodded, "She is the youngest after all. The unwanted child. They think Yangsan is a weak nation and that's why they want Princess Hana to marry Prince Namjoon so that they can control the North as well."

Seokjin chuckled. Such a veil plan. If only they knew that Namjoon had zero interest in any women. Good for them to be so delusional. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

"You know something about the prince, don't you?" Youngbae leaned in his chair and smirked.

Seokjin shrugged, "I don't know what you are talking about. I don't know anything special."

Youngbae raised his eyebrows, "Try saying that more convincingly. With your curiosity, nosiness and skills I don't believe you."

"Oh come, sunbae! I have nothing to hide." Seokjin smiled a little.

Youngbae nodded, "Okay. But always remember. Curiosity kills a cat. And the cats may have nine lives, you only have one. So be careful."

Seokjin nodded before bowing to Youngbae and leaving the room. As soon as he left the room, he met Yoongi.