10

Yoongi sleepily opened his eyes as he heard a groan from a little distance. He jerked himself to wake up completely. He went near the bed, "Hyung?"

"Yoon-" Seokjin started coughing.

Yoongi rushed to the other side and poured him a glass of water, "Don't speak, yet." He helped Seokjin sit a little and drink the water. When Seokjin looked a bit okay, Yoongi stood up, "I will call the doctor."

Seokjin stopped him by his hand, "Jimin. Call Jimin first."

Yoongi was confused, "Hyung, you need the doctor first."

"Jimin!" Seokjin almost growled.

Yoongi nodded, "Okay. Please calm down. I will call Jimin first."

In about fifteen minutes, Jimin was in the room. "Hyung, are you okay?"

Seokjin nodded, "Better." Soekjin's voice was barely above a whisper as he struggled to speak. He signalled Jimin to come closer. Jimin slowly went near Seokjin and leaned down. Seokjin cleared his throat, "Traitor. On the border."

Jimin gasped, "What? But how?" His eyes went wide as he realised what Seokjin was saying. "Fuck. I need to tell this to the royals."

Jimin was about to leave as Seokjin nodded when Yoongi stopped him, "What's going on?"

Jimin sighed, "Hyung wasn't poisoned in the palace. He was poisoned at the border. There has been infiltration in the army. I will have to report this to both the royal families."

"Jimin." Jimin turned back. Seokjin called him near again, "The papers. Namjoon."

Jimin understood that there were papers with Namjoon. The thing he didn't understand was why were they with Namjoon? They haven't met each other since yesterday evening. And that meeting was too brief to exchange anything. But he didn't question Seokjin and just nodded. "Okay. I will talk to him. Now let Yoongi hyung call the doctor, please."

Seokjin nodded. Yoongi immediately went out to call the doctor. When he came back, he had a doctor and Hoseok by his side. The doctor smiled at him, "How are you feeling?"

"Better." Seokjin smiled back.

"I am glad." The doctor wrote down something on the pad. "You will take a day or two to speak properly. Till then you have to rest. You will be discharged in the evening."

Seokjin nodded. Hoseok smiled, "I apologise on behalf of the royal family for whatever happened to you. His highness and his team are trying to find the culprit and whoever they were will be punished soon."

Seokjin chuckled and looked at Yoongi. Yoongi nodded, "We already have the culprit. And they weren't from your side. So don't worry."

Hoseok looked at Yoongi with a confused look, "I don't get it."

Yoongi sighed, "He was poisoned when you guys were at the border. Jimin has gone to the palace to report the news to both the royal families. So don't worry about the blame coming your way."

~

"How did Seokjin-shi come to this conclusion?" Namjoon was shocked when Jimin told him the reality.

Jimin shook his head, "It was very hard for him to speak. But I understood what he meant. So we will have to wait till he can speak again." Jimin hesitated before saying the next sentence. He didn't know how Namjoon would react to it. He cleared his throat, "Umm... Hyung told me that he had given you some papers. I think they were for me...?"

"Ah, yes." Namjoon rummaged through his drawer and took out three separate sheets. "He handed me this when we-" He stopped himself in between. Shit. No one knew he was at the border. He licked his lips in nervousness.

"You don't have to explain why they are with you." Jimin calmed his nerves a lot. "If Jin hyung gave them to you, he must have trusted you with them. So just give them back and we will never talk about it."

Namjoon handed the papers to Jimin with a small smile, "Thank you for understanding."

Jimin went through the papers and his eyebrows furrowed. The papers had three profiles of the soldiers. Jimin understood immediately that they were the traitors and one of them poisoned Seokjin. Jimin looked at Namjoon, "I will take a leave, your highness." He bowed and left the room.

On the way, he went to Shingyu's room. After he explained everything to Shingyu, They were discussing how to tell their King about it.

"I think we should tell them right away," Shingyu suggested.

Jimin looked at his watch. "It must be 3 in the afternoon there. I will ask Yeonjun if his majesty is free. If not, we will tell everything to the prince and rely on him to report everything to his majesty."

"Agreed!" Shingyu nodded, "I will deal with the prince, you should tell Major Kihyun about this, so he can take the action accordingly."

~

That evening Namjoon went to meet Seokjin with Jungkook. He met Taehyung and Hoseok at the hospital and they just followed him to Seokjin's room. Seokjin smiled a little when he saw Namjoon enter the room. He nodded, "Your highness." His voice was still hoarse and laboured.

Namjoon smiled as well, "You shouldn't speak too much. Please focus on healing."

Seokjin nodded. His eyebrows scrunched, "Meeting?"

Namjoon chuckled, "I had a meeting with Jimin and his majesty as well. We will be retreating our soldiers. So you don't have to worry about it."

Seokjin sighed in relief. Namjoon looked at Hoseok, "Can you leave us alone?"

"Huh?" Hoseok looked at Taehyung and Jungkook and then at Namjoon. He sighed, "Okay."

When they all left, Namjoon went near Seokjin and sat on the stool that was placed beside his bed, "I have to apologise for my carelessness." Seokjin was confused but before he could say anything, Namjoon continued, "I know, you weren't poisoned at the palace. But when this all happened, I was with you. I was supposed to guard you. But you still have been hospitalized."

Seokjin laughed and then closed his eyes. He looked at Namjoon, "Not your fault." He took a deep breath, "Don- don't be hard on yourself."

Namjoon sighed, "Thank you. Usually, when things like these happen, people use them for their benefit or to blackmail the other party. But you honestly told us that it wasn't our mistake."

Seokjin smiled and nodded.

No one knew what came to Namjoon, but both of them were surprised when Namjoon covered Seokjin's hand with his, "Hyung, from now on, till you are in our kingdom, I will make sure that you don't encounter any more such troubles."

Seokjin chuckled, "Looking forward."

"Then, I will take a leave," Namjoon said as he stood up. He looked at Seokjin one more time, "Get well soon, hyung."