CAN THIS WORK? SING: A Place to Stay

(A/N Now this is a Sing fan fic I have in the works

(A/N Now this is a Sing fan fic I have in the works. Basically Jamie, as a human, goes through a portal her father and other scientists created after getting out of school for the summer and is transported to the Sing universe, becoming a gorilla. I remember being nervous to do this because I got hate comments about it looking like I was promoting something I clearly wasn't, but I'm tired of being scared of it and I just want to write. I know there are going to be people who have a problem with it, but I'm doing what I love and that's what matters. And with this, I'm meeting in the middle. So here we go.)

Johnny and Jamie made it to the black truck and she tossed her stuff in the bed of the truck before Johnny opened the door for her.

"Thanks," Jamie told him as she got in.

"You're welcome," Johnny told her then shut the door behind her.

He then went to the driver's side and got in. They buckled up, he cranked the car up, and they drove off from the police station.

"So, is there anything in particular you want to ask me before a complete stranger comes into your home?" she asked.

He looked at her for a minute then wondered as he looked back at the road, "How did I not think of that but you did?"

"I have no idea," Jamie giggled, making him chuckle.

"Well, I guess I would like to know more about your life in Redshore," Johnny said.

"Okay, but there's not much to talk about. Just a normal teenager who just got out of high school for the summer and who never really had the time or courage to perform, an overprotective dad, things like that," she told him.

"Sounds almost like me and Meena put together," he commented.

"How so?" Jamie asked.

Now she knew why since she was familiar with the Sing movies, but she couldn't let anyone know that.

"Meena used to have major stage fright and my dad and I were a bit at odds with each other. He wanted me to...go into the family business at the time and when I told him I wanted to be a singer, he didn't accept it until he heard me sing on TV and now we're on better terms," Johnny explained.

"Rosita mentioned you guys coming to Redshore when I was away on a family trip. Did he come to that?" she asked.

"He did," he smiled then said, "It's a shame you didn't come to the show."

"Yeah," Jamie nodded.

By that time, they arrived at Johnny's place.

"This is it. Now let me talk to them before bringing you in," he told her.

"Okay," she nodded.

He then got out of the truck and went inside.

Once in, he looked around for any sign of his dad.

"Dad! You here?" Johnny called.

"Yeah!" his dad, Marcus, said.

(A/N I've heard from a few of you that Johnny's dad's real name is Marcus, so I'm going with that instead of Big Daddy this time.)

Johnny followed his voice to find him on the couch.

"Where have you been, son?" Marcus asked.

"Rosita was brought to the police station because those three bears that Mike lied to were after her," Johnny explained.

"Is she alright?" Marcus wondered, standing up.

"Yeah. My new friend saved her," Johnny told him.

"Your new friend, huh? I'd like to meet them then," Marcus smiled.

"That's just it. She came here from Redshore by herself and doesn't have a place to stay. So if it's okay with you and the guys, could she stay here?" Johnny replied.

"Oh it's a girl, huh?" Marcus smirked.

"Dad, we just met tonight, but she is trustworthy," Johnny said.

"You got to know her on the way home?" Marcus asked.

"Yes," Johnny nodded.

"Then I trust your judgement and she can stay here," Marcus agreed.

"Thanks, Dad," Johnny smiled, they headed for the door, then Johnny asked, "By the way, where are Stan and Barry?"

"They're gonna be out of town for a few weeks for job offers," Marcus said.

"Got it," Johnny nodded.

Meanwhile, when Johnny walked inside, Jamie pulled her phone out to text her dad:

'Hey, Dad. I'm in the Sing universe and I'm a gorilla. I may have a place to stay and I'll tell you more later tonight.'

After she sent it, she waited for him to respond, which happened less than a minute later.

'Okay. Good to know. I'll have to look into those movies.'

Jamie smiled before quickly responding:

'They are definitely worth watching. And I mean more than just for you to know what's going on here. Anyway, talk to you tonight.'

After she sent it, Johnny and Marcus came out to help her. She waved to them, which they returned. Marcus grabbed her things while Johnny opened the door for her, helping her out. Once out, Johnny shut the door and Marcus joined them.

"So you must be our new guest. I'm Marcus, Johnny's father," Marcus introduced with a hand out.

"Jamie," Jamie did the same, shaking his hand.

"So I gotta know. How'd you save Rosita from those three bears?" he asked.

"Well, I'm a black belt in karate," she answered.

"Then Johnny better not make you mad," Marcus remarked, him and Jamie laughing a bit.

"Dad," Johnny complained.

"Okay okay. Come on in," Marcus said.

And they went inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N That's all I have for now. I might post more that I have, depending on how confident I am about them, but I hope you all like what's up right now. Thanks and love you all!