RAGS (A GENDER SWAP CINDERELLA STORY): Jamie Finds her Prince

(A/N So this one is based on the Nickelodeon movie Rags

(A/N So this one is based on the Nickelodeon movie Rags. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. This is also going into the Tangled series, which is awesome! So here we go.)

Jamie took a breath as she went to the one house she'd been dying to come to. She went up to it and knocked on the door. It didn't take long for someone to answer it and that someone was Mother Gothel.

"Can I help you, your Highness?" Gothel asked.

"I'm looking for Varian," Jamie said.

"No one lives here by that name," Gothel lied.

"Huh. That's funny. I could've sworn I was told by Varian AND Cass that they had a guardian by the name of Gothel while Quirin, the other and actually good guardian, was away, providing for his family," Jamie explained then asked with a more serious expression, "Now I'll say it again. I'm looking for Varian."

Gothel chuckled and said, "Listen, little girl, though you are a princess while I am a commoner, I am older."

"I can see that. Must be horrible without my sister's powers," Jamie smirked.

"She was mine! No one had the right to take her away!" Gothel growled, composed herself, then said threateningly, "But because I am older, you do not have the authority on this land. So leave. Now."

They glared at each other for a minute before Jamie finally spoke up.

"Stan. Pete," she called.

The two guards came out of their hiding places, surprising Gothel.

"Yes, your Highness?" they said.

"Arrest this woman for disobeying and threatening the princess. Plus, did she escape the last time?" Jamie replied.

"Yes. She did," Stan said.

"Then also for the kidnap of my sister, Princess Rapunzel," Jamie finished.

"Right away, your Highness," Pete responded, taking out handcuffs.

"You can't do this to me! I am innocent!" Gothel yelled as they arrested her.

"Kidnapping my sister? Disobeying and threatening a royal? You are far from innocent," Jamie remarked as they took her away.

Then Cass came out to see the scene. She was a little shocked, but then a smirk came on her face when she saw Jamie.

"Nice work, J," Cass told her.

"Thanks," Jamie said then asked, "Do you know where Varian is?"

"I haven't seen him all day. Come on inside," Cass responded.

They went in and split up. Cass went to check his room while Jamie went toward his lab. She was almost there when she heard banging and yelling.

"Gothel! Let me out of here!" Varian's voice sounded.

"It's not Gothel," Jamie told him.

"Jamie?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"Can you let me out?" Varian wondered.

"Yes, but if you answer one question," Jamie negotiated.

"Okay," he nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me who you were at the ball?" she asked.

There was silence for a minute, only because Varian was shocked. But then he finally got the courage to speak.

"I...I was nervous. I mean, I knew you thought I was alright since we have things in common, but other than that, I didn't think you'd see past the clumsy alchemist who has a horrible stepmother," Varian said sadly.

"Varian, first of all, I thought you were WAY more than 'alright'. You are the most amazing person I've ever met. And Eugene told me whenever you talked about me, you wouldn't mention my title as a princess. Am I right?" Jamie explained.

He paused for a minute before answering, "Yeah. You are more to me than just the second in line for the throne. You're amazing."

"Thank you," she blushed then continued, "It's the same with you. Everything about you has made me like you. A lot. You're cute, funny, smart, I can keep going."

Varian smiled at that before replying, "Thanks, Jamie. How'd you know it was me anyway?"

She smiled, found the key on the top of the door, then opened it to see Varian with a shy smile.

"How many people do you know have scratched up goggles?" Jamie pointed out, holding them up.

He chuckled then remarked, "True."

She then stepped forward and took his hand in hers.

"You're free, Varian. Gothel was arrested and we'll make sure she doesn't get out," she told him.

They soon hugged for a minute before parting a bit to see how close they were, but they closed the gap, their lips moving in sync. They eventually parted and looked into each others' eyes.

"Thank you. For saving me," he said.

"Thank you. For doing the same," she returned.

They then got Cass and headed to the palace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is all I have for now. Hope you enjoyed them.