HOME ON THE RANGE: The Competition to Get Slim Starts

(A/N This is one of my favorite Disney movies that I grew up on and is considered underrated. This is after Junior, Slim's buffalo, let Grace, Maggie, Mrs. Calloway, and Lucky Jack in Echo Mine. Jamie was on the journey with them until Maggie convinced her to take Buck's place with Rico, though she didn't like it because she didn't want to hurt Buck and didn't like Rico.)

The three cows and Lucky Jack stopped once they were in the clear ofJunior.

"So what's the plan?" Jack asked.

"Well, let's see. You two get his attention while l sneak up behind him and then l'll knock him into the cart and then we'll rope him up and wheel him to justice with Jamie!" Maggie explained, demonstrating with a metal cart and rope.

"And for extra measure, how about we conk him on the noggin with this?" Mrs. Calloway suggested, holding up a metal pan.

"You go, cowgirl! That's usin' the old hat," Maggie complemented.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Now, you lost me here, missy," Jack stopped them.

"Look, Jack, it's simple. Cart, smack, rope, roll, justice. Come on, Jack, focus. Now is not the time to get all scatterbrained and flaky," Grace told them, making them look at each other in surprise.

Meanwhile, Buck rounded a corner to see Jamie by herself as Rico was just down the canyon a bit.

(A/N What Jamie looks like.)

"Well, if it isn't the most beautiful horse I know who stole my idol away," he remarked, making Jamie turn to him

She rolled her eyes a bit then countered, "Well, if it isn't the most handsome horse I know who doesn't realize this was not my idea."

"Say what?" Buck asked.

"It was Maggie's idea. The only part I agreed with is I would get ahead to help catch Slim to save our farm. You think I wanna spend another minute with that guy? I don't trust him," Jamie said.

"So it wasn't to take my dreams away from me?" he asked.

"No. I even told her that. Look Buck, as much as I want to save Patch of Heaven and as much as I don't like Rico, I know riding with him to kick bad guy behind is your dream and I didn't want to take that away from you...which is why I'm giving him back to you," she said.

"Really? Wow. I thought I was gonna have to mention him using a horse whip and you'd be carrying Rico and Slim," Buck said.

Jamie giggled then asked, "You think I'm that stupid?"

"N-No," he stuttered.

She shook her head with a smile before being only inches from his face and stating with a smirk, "But just because I'm doing this for you doesn't mean I'll go down without a fight."

"Oh good. I wouldn't want it to be too easy," Buck smirked.

"Be careful what you wish for," Jamie whispered then walked past him, letting her tail trail across him.

He watched with a sly smile.

"That girl is something else. At least I know she's not takin' stupid lessons from that buffalo," he commented, heard a snort, then panicked, "Uh-oh."