LIGHTYEAR: Reunion

QUICK WARNING! IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE YET, DO NOT READ YET! PRETTY PLEASE!

(A/N I have yet to find the full script for this, but from what I remember, this will take place right after Alicia tells Buzzz she got engaged.)

Buzz and Alicia were about to go in their quarters when he started thinking about something. Or should I say, someone.

"What about Jamie? How has she been?" Buzz asked.

Alicia frowned a bit and told him, "Honestly, not great. And that's putting it nicely."

"Really?" he wondered worriedly.

"Yeah. The first year you were gone, she almost never left her room. She barely ate, she barely talked, she distanced herself from everyone. As the next couple of years went on, she ate and talked more, but she still distanced herself from others," she explained.

Buzz felt guilty about putting Jamie through all that, but at the same time, he didn't know that he meant THAT MUCH to her.

"Hopefully with you being back, the old Jamie will return," Alicia pointed out, a smile returning to her face.

They got to Jamie's quarters and Alicia knocked on the door.

Jamie cleared her throat then wondered, "Who is it?"

"It's Commander Hawthorne. I have something for you. Can I bring it in?" Alicia asked.

"Sure," Jamie sniffled a little.

Alicia then signaled Buzz to go in, and he nodded before obeying. When he did, he found her, sitting at her table with a little bit of food, but she looked about his age now. Her hair was longer and she had bags under her eyes, but she looked like she showered.

She then turned to see Buzz, making her eyes widen before standing up.

"Hey, J," he shrugged with a small smile.

She was still a bit speechless before going to him and leaping toward him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist and just held her as she sobbed into his shoulder.

"I-Is it really you?" she asked.

"It is. I'm so sorry about what happened. I didn't know I time-traveled until a few minutes ago," he said, they parted, then he continued, "For me, it felt like I was only up there for minutes."

"It's okay. I know you wouldn't disappear for four years on purpose. You just gave us all quite a scare," Jamie told him, wiping her tears away.

"Seems like more than that for you," Buzz pointed out, caressing her cheek.

"I'll leave you two alone for a bit," Alicia replied.

They nodded in response then she shut the door.

"Alicia told me what happened to you during these four years when I was gone," he informed as they sat at the table.

Jamie sighed and said while looking down, "Yeah."

"After hearing that, I felt...responsible for it," Buzz told her.

She looked up at him then said, "I wish you didn't. I did this to myself. I let myself starve, be distanced from everyone. I would've still missed you like crazy, but I could've done something other than what I did."

He held his hand out to her and she placed hers in his.

"Even though it felt like way less time for me, I did miss you too," he told her.

Jamie smiled gratefully and said, "Thanks."

They stood up and hugged.

"Buzz?" she said.

"Yes?" Buzz wondered.

"If it's not too much trouble, I do have one request," Jamie said.

They parted, but still held onto each other.

"What would that be?" he asked.

She exhaled before requesting, "If you plan on continuing the mission..., I want to join you."

"What?" Buzz questioned in shock.

"Please. I can't go another four plus years of waiting to see if you make it back or not," Jamie said.

"But you'll at least have hope that I'll return," he pointed out.

"Buzz, when you were gone, I realized how much you meant to me. More than from our first mission here, our first whole year preparing for the launch, even before all this. I can't...I can't risk losing you again," she pleaded, tearing up a bit.

Buzz sighed sadly. He not only realized how much Jamie cared for him, but also how much he cared for her. He gently wiped the stray tear that went down her cheek, letting his hand linger a little longer.

"I'll talk to Alicia to see if they can provide a ship for two people," Buzz said.

Jamie smiled and responded, "Thank you, Buzz."

"You're welcome," Buzz told her.

They then noticed how late it was.

"Well, I better let you get some sleep. Besides, I need some too since I look ten years older than four," Jamie lightly joked as they fully parted.

Buzz chuckled then commented, "You look good. But please get some sleep."

"Aye aye, Captain Lightyear," she smirked.

He then left and they went to sleep.