ENCANTO: The Night That Changed the Madrigals

(A/N Here is another new one. This is with you and Bruno Madrigal. This is the first chapter I have written that connects to the movie plot, so I don't want to spoil any more than I have to. I don't have a pic or outfit yet though. Please enjoy!

Also, in this chapter, you are 39 and Bruno is 40.)

Fifteen years went by for the Madrigals and children were born all over the place. Julieta and Agustín had three girls named Isabela, who was given the gift with power over the plants, Luisa, who was given the gift of super strength, and Mirabel, whose gift was yet to be decided. Pepa and Felix had a girl named Dolores, with the gift of super hearing, and a boy named Camilo, with the gift to shapeshift. Y/N and Bruno decided to wait on having children.

It was then the night Mirabel was set to get her gift. She went up to the door, but it started to disappear, confusing and worrying the family. So later on, Abuela pulled Bruno and Y/N to the side.

"Bruno, I need you to have a vision of what this means," Abuela instructed.

"I don't know, Mamá. I understand this hasn't happened before, but--" Bruno started.

"I need to know if the magic is dying. We can not lose our home," Abuela said.

"She does have a point, Bruno," Y/N told him then said to Abuela, "But he has told you that his visions don't exactly have positive outcomes."

"But when you were with him for your vision, it was positive. And look at you two now: married and happily in love," Abuela pointed out.

Bruno and Y/N looked at each other before taking the other's hands and wore small smiles before turning back to Abuela.

"Okay. I'll try," Bruno agreed.

"Thank you," Abuela thanked then left.

The couple then went to their room, but Bruno stopped her.

"Bruno, what are you doing?" Y/N asked.

"I need to go in alone," Bruno decided.

"What? Are you sure that's a good idea?" she wondered.

"It has to be me. And if the vision is bad, I'll be the only one to bear the weight of it," he said.

"But you don't know if it will be good or bad. And I don't want you to think that I was the reason your vision with me was good, but that vision lead me to living the happiest life I could ever imagine. I don't want you to have to face this alone IF it is bad," Y/N pointed out.

Bruno smiled softly, caressed her cheek, kissed her, then asked, "Do you trust me?"

"Yes," she answered.

"Then I'll be back," he assured.

He then went into his room and straight to his cave. He set up what he needed then looked into the future. What he saw was something that shocked him that he couldn't bring himself to tell the family, so he dropped it, shattering it.

He then remembered Y/N, who waited to see what the vision was. He didn't have the heart to tell her or the rest of the family, but what he was about to do was going to break his and her heart, but he felt it needed to be done, so he quickly wrote a letter to her before heading back to the door.

Meanwhile, Y/N sat by the door, waiting for her husband. But then a folded letter was shoved under the door and at her feet. She picked it up and unfolded it to read her husband's beautiful handwriting.

My Bonita Y/N,
I'm sorry, but I can't let anyone know about this vision. All I can say is that it did not provide a clear future for Mirabel. But as for me, I need to stay hidden. As much as it pains me to be away from you, it would hurt me more if what I saw came to be and you got hurt because of me. But even though I will be in hiding, just know that I will always be close by. Just please do not tell the others that part and I have a spare room just for you. I love you and hope to see you again.
Adios, mi amor,
Bruno

Her heart shattered at the words written on the paper, but her thoughts stopped when she noticed the shadow of his feet leaving like they were running.

"Bruno!" she yelled, getting up.

She opened the door and raced inside, catching a glimpse of his hooded figure jumping out of sight. She slid down the pile of sand and looked around in a panic, not finding him anywhere.

"BRUNO!" she shouted as she fell to her knees.

She then sobbed as Bruno watched in hiding in sadness of what he's putting his wife through before leaving, tears of his own falling down his cheeks.

Once he left, Y/N looked down at her belly and gently rubbed it.

"Now he'll never know about you, little ones," she said sadly.