ARCANE (Viktor X Jamie): Time Passes Too Quickly

(A/N Hey guys! I have more sneak peeks for you all! This first one is based on the Netflix show "Arcane", which if you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it. So for this synopsis, my OC is from the Undercity but was separated from her family before going to live with her friend, Viktor. She made frequent visits to the Undercity in search of her family, but when she found them, she didn't reunite with them...yet anyway. She did that for five years until she found them and she wasn't allowed back in for another five years. That's where this leaves off. This will have spoilers of who her family is, but not directly, so just saying. So here we go.)

Five more years went by and since that visit, Jamie wasn't allowed back in the Undercity. She wasn't told why, but she was told that if she fought her way through she would get arrested and knowing that would worry Viktor more, she didn't. He already looked pale, had dark circles around his eyes, and was using a crutch instead of his cane, so adding her arrest would do more harm to him.

But finally she was able to head back in so she got changed in her outfit for down there.

(A/N Her outfit.)

)

Once she finished, there was a knock on the door

"Come in," she said.

Viktor came in and noticed what she was wearing.

"Another trip to the Undercity?" he guessed.

"It's like you know me or something," she smirked.

They both chuckled at that. Then he violently coughed, making Jamie worry, so she quickly got him a glass of water and gave it to him.

"I'm fine," Viktor politely declined.

"Humor me," Jamie said, almost pleadingly.

He soon nodded and obliged. He drank half of it before looking back at her.

"Did you hear anything about why they closed it off?" he wondered, putting the glass on the dresser.

"No. But I hope I can find out when I go down there," she answered.

"I hope you do too," Viktor said, knowing she still wanted to see her sisters, even though she wanted to stay hidden, then he requested, "Just promise me you'll be careful."

Jamie just smiled, took his free hand, and told him, "I will as long as you are too. You know I'm allowed to worry about you too."

"I know. But you're my only concern," he said.

"And you're mine. So we're even," she responded.

They then hugged, not wanting to let go.

"I'll be at the lab tonight. So you don't have to wait up for me," Viktor requested, smirking at the end.

Jamie giggled slightly as they parted then she said, "I make no such promises."

He just smiled at her and they both went their separate ways.

She headed back down and walked around for a bit, keeping a low profile. She noticed how different it was; there were more people out and about, drinking and smoking. She made it to the Last Drop, but she saw it was different too. She went inside, filled with confusion. She looked around the busy place before noticing a woman there. She was all muscle, but she had a robotic arm. Jamie recognized her and sneered at her.

"Sevika," she snapped.

"The oldest of the troublemakers. It's about time you came back to your roots," Sevika remarked, lighting a cigarette.

"I've always been down here. Until they closed off the only entrance to get down here," Jamie said.

"News flash: it's not the only entrance, but you didn't know that," Sevika said, puffing the cigarette smoke.

"Where are Vander and my sisters?" Jamie demanded, walking to her.

Sevika chuckled and answered, "You really haven't been down here in five years. Vander's dead."

Jamie's eyes widened as she felt tears form in her eyes.

"No. No he can't be," Jamie said, refusing to believe it.

"Well he is. Has been for five years," Sevika remarked.

"What about my sisters?" Jamie asked.

"The pink-haired runt has been rotting in prison while the blue-haired cry baby, don't know, don't care," Sevika answered.

"No. No no no," Jamie panicked.

"What do you care? You weren't there for them; they're better off without you," Sevika smirked, puffing more smoke.

"I've never stopped looking for them, you bitch! I may have found out five years ago they were with Vander, but I stayed hidden because I know they'd be better off without me! And now I probably won't see them again, because of you and Silco!" Jamie shouted.

"For the record, Vander's death happened because of the blue-haired girl. She blew the place up, trying to save them, but the only one who survived the explosion was Vi before she got arrested. So all we did was try to make a point," Sevika said.

Jamie started hyperventilating before running out of the bar and out of the Undercity.