RAPUNZEL'S TANGLED ADVENTURE SEASON 3: The King and Queen of Hearts

(A/N This is from the episode where Rapunzel tries to get her parents to remember how much they love each other when King Trevor of Equis tries to get between them

(A/N This is from the episode where Rapunzel tries to get her parents to remember how much they love each other when King Trevor of Equis tries to get between them. Varian isn't in it long, but I made it work.)

In Old Corona, Varian was doing this mad scientist laugh with the King and Queen of Corona strapped to boards. Then he laughed as Ruddiger crawled out of his pant leg.

"Ruddiger, get outta my apron! That tickles!" Varian scolded as Ruddiger climbed on Jamie to sit on her shoulder.

She giggled a bit, making Varian smile at his girlfriend. Rapunzel noticed this, making her smile before they all turned back toward the King and Queen. Varian then pulled a lever, sending sparks.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Rapunzel asked.

"If my new machine works the way I think it should, and it will," he started with a chuckle then continued, "we are moments away from reversing the effects of the Saporian's memory wand."

The machinery went off for a bit before this pink substance squirted all over the princesses' parents and Rapunzel, missing Pascal, Varian, and Jamie. When Pascal sighed in relief then looked at Rapunzel, he changed his color to that one, making Rapunzel smile.

"Ugh. Where am I, and why am I so gooey?" King Frederic asked.

"I'm sorry, guys. I-I was so sure this was gonna work!" Varian replied, scratching his head, then said, feeling down, "I feel like I've tried everything."

"Hey, don't worry about it. There are other ways to jog their memories," Jamie assured, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah. You did your best, and besides, I have another method up my sleeve. Don't get me wrong. The power of science is impressive, but it is nothing compared to the power of love," Rapunzel added.

More goo splattered on them before Jamie went up to them and both her and her sister tried it.

"Mm, strawberry!" they commented, making Varian smile.

Varian and Jamie hosed them down before they left. Rapunzel said she had it covered with getting her parents to remember, so Jamie went about the village for a bit.

She thought about her feelings for Varian. Because when they confessed they liked each other, she meant she loved him. And she even heard him tell her that he loved her when she was trying to tone down Rapunzel's power when they freed Quirin. She was still nervous to tell him because she didn't know if that was just the heat of the moment.

But she finally came to terms with telling him, so she went to where the Book of Hearts was to witness her parents hugging Rapunzel.

"I guess the heart does remember," Frederic said.

"'Remember'?" Jamie asked, getting their attention, then she continued excitedly, "Then that means..."

"Yes! They're starting to remember!" Rapunzel said.

"That's amazing!" Jamie exclaimed, hugging them.

She then noticed the new signatures of the King and Queen in the journal as they parted.

"What happened to the diary?" she wondered.

"King Trevor of Equis destroyed it after failing at taking your mother away from your father, so Sunshine made a new one," Eugene answered.

"Oh," Jamie nodded, understanding and with a hint of anger toward King Trevor, thought of something, then requested with a smile, "Can I borrow it? I'll bring it right back."

"Sure. What for?" Rapunzel asked, giving it, a quill, and ink to her.

"For me and Varian," Jamie smiled as she left.

She could practically hear her sister's squeals, making her laugh. She then put the diary and quill in her bag before officially leaving.

She ran to Old Corona where she found Varian with his dad.

"Var!" she called, getting their attention.

"J! What's up?" Varian asked as she stopped in front of him.

"Quirin, do you mind if I borrow Varian for a minute?" Jamie requested.

"Sure," Quirin said.

She smiled in thanks and he winked at her, knowing what she planned.

She then took Varian's hand and lead him to his lab, shutting the door behind her.

"So what'd you wanna talk about?" Varian asked.

Jamie took a deep breath before turning to him with a shy look.

"First, I need to know something," she started, he nodded, then continued, "When Rapunzel and I freed your dad, I heard you say that you loved me. Is that true or was it just the heat of the moment?"

His eyes went wide for a minute before sighing.

"It's true," Varian confessed, making her breath hitch, and he continued, "I've loved you since you left. I mean, I've always cared about you, but it never fully hit me until you were out of my life. Everything about you makes me love you more and I can't imagine life without you."

He bowed his head, but Jamie just smiled. She then reached into her bag and pulled out the diary before going to him.

"Then it's a good thing I brought this," she told him, putting it to where he could see it.

He looked at it then at her in shocked confusion.

"Is that...?" he started.

"It's not the original since King Trevor of Equis destroyed it when he couldn't have my mom, but Rapunzel had this made and she and Eugene and our parents signed it. And I thought if I heard you right that time...," Jamie said, trailing off.

"You would want us to sign it," Varian finished.

"Yeah," she nodded then finished, "Because I love you too."

His eyes started watering as he chuckled a bit. He wiped his eyes as she smiled then pulled him into a hug. They did so for a bit before eventually parting.

"So you wanna sign it?" Jamie offered, getting the quill and ink out.

"Yes," he breathed out a laugh.

She giggled before leading him to the desk and she let him sign it first. Then he handed it to her and she wrote her name under his.

She then closed the book, put it and the materials in her bag, then looked at Varian before taking his hands in hers and they smiled at each other.

"I love you, Varian. I always have and always will," she stated.

"I love you too, Jamie. Exactly as you said," he returned.

They then kissed, wrapping their arms around each other, happy to know the other loved them.