𝕰𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ✄ 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐲





MAY 4TH, 1987 | YOU JUMPED AWAKE from your alarm, your heart accelerating. You twisted your body and shut off your alarm. You began to think about staying asleep or getting up. You groaned as you pushed the blanket off of your body.

The cold air from the AC smacks you in the face. You hugged yourself as you stumbled to the bathroom. You did your usual routine and walked out. You grabbed your phone and saw a message from Mike. "780 W State St, Hurricane, 84737,"

He's literally like a 10-minute drive away. You got dressed and told Mike you were on the way. You got in your dad's green pickup truck and were on your way. You sighed after you parked and tried to smile. You got out of the car and headed to Mike's apartment.

You knocked on the door until he opened it softly. "Yo," you greet him. "You need help?" You scratch at your neck. He nods and opens the door wider. You step inside and glance around.

"I only need the stuff in my room and that's mostly packed up," he informs you. You nod and follow him. You see boxes around the room and his closest door wide open. "You have another mattress, right?" he asks.

"Yeah," you answer. The room falls into awkward silence. "So do you want me to start taking these boxes to my truck or wait until we're done packing?" your voice seems like the loudest thing ever.

"Oh yeah, you can start taking them downstairs. Be careful, they're kind of heavy," he says as you pick up a box. You picked up 2 boxes stacked on top of each other and headed to the living room.

"They're like the same weight of car parts, maybe lighter," you explain without him asking. You used your foot to push the door open and went out. You dropped the boxes in the bed of the truck and went back upstairs. Mike had some more of his clothes packed up and you grabbed more boxes. As time passed boxes left the room and until it was empty. The only thing remaining was his bed and dresser.

You stretched your arms with a yawn. "That was a lot of back and forth but we're done. Let's go," you grin. He nods and closes the room door behind you both.

"I have to drop these back off at the main office, I'll meet you at your house on my bike?" he locks the door behind him.

"Fine by me," you respond. You walk around to the back and close it then head to the front. You opened the door to the truck and stepped in. "See you when you get there," you wave. He nods and heads to his bike. You revved up the truck and pulled out the parking lot.

You glanced up from your phone when you heard the sound of an engine. You were sitting on the back of your truck with the boxes behind you. He reminds me of Mikey from Tokyo Revengers. You chuckled as he approached you. "Your complex is nice, and you're close by my old place," Mike mentions. You nod and hop off the truck.

"So shall we get started or let our skin melt off in this heat?" you joke. You guys began grabbing boxes and hauling them to your apartment. You checked your watch when you were done. 4:47 pm. Your stomach rumbled and you glanced at Mike. He chuckled.

"Where are we going to get food?" he asked.

"You choose,"

"Sure,"

"Are you unpacking today?"

"Hell no,"