CHAPTER 18

It's the day of marriage, the barat has arrived in Hastinapur with Shri Krishna on the front. Seeing him, Bhism, Dronacharya, Kripacharya and Ashwathama joined their hands and bowed their heads.

Then came Maharaj Kshitij, Maharani Ambika and Rajkumari Aditi, who were welcomed by Maharaj Dhritrashtra and Maharani Gandhari.

Finally came Sagar, looking as majestic as the rising ocean. Seeing such a glorious son-in-law, Kunti got overjoyed as he got down the rath and came to them.

Suddenly Gandhari gave the plate of Aarti to Kunti, and she looked at her confused.

"Kunti, today it is your right to welcome your Jamai." Gandhari said.

Kunti smiled as she puts a tilak on the forehead of Sagar and does his aarti, welcoming him inside, where a grand Mandap has been set up.

As per the priest's instruction, Sagar sits down on the Mandap as Yaudhevi comes and takes a seat beside him. Their eyes meet and they respectfully greet each other as their marriage procession starts.

After their marriage rituals were over, Yaudhevi gets up and stands aside as Vallabhi comes and takes her seat beside Sagar.

"Pandit ji, hurry up and start the rituals." Vallabhi said.

"It will take the same amount of time Rajkumari." The priest said.

Vallabhi pouted and Sagar chuckled as their marriage procession began. Seeing them together Suyodhanaa clenched her jaw, today she could do nothing besides putting a fake smile and shower flowers on the bride and groom.

After their ceremony was over, Vallabhi went and stood beside Yaudhevi, and then came Parthvi for whom Sagar was waiting since long. As she sat down and looked him causing both of their cheeks to heat up.

A shy smile was plastered on both of their faces as they performed and finished their marriage rituals. After that Parthvi went and stood beside Yaudhevi and Vallabhi.

Now came Nakulaa and sat down beside Sagar, for a moment he became breathless seeing her beauty which seemed of some other world.

He also noticed that she was wearing the same red saree that he had chosen for her in the shopping trip back at Saurashtra. A smile appeared on his face because of this.

Nakulaa was also blushing the entire time while performing wedding rituals with Sagar. After ceremony was done she went and stood beside Yaudhevi, Vallabhi and Parthvi.

Lastly came Devami, nervously and slowly sitting down beside Sagar. He looked at her but her gaze was fixed on the ground as she fiddled with her fingers.

Sagar instantly came to know that she was nervous, he wondered whether she had a problem with the marriage but he remembered that on the day when Vidur proposed the marriage offer, she expressed no discontent.

Suddenly he was brought out of his thoughts as the priest told it was time for Kanyadaan, and Dhritrashtra just like before again came towards them to perform the ceremony like he did for rest of the Panduputris.

Devami's hands shook in anxiety as she kept it over Sagar's hands.

Sagar frowned and then Krishna's words ringed in his ears.

"...and you might need to keep patience with certain someone." Krishna said.

"Keep patience with whom ?" Sagar frowned.

"You will know soon." Krishna said.

He then looked at Krishna who nodded gesturing him that his guess was right about Devami being the one who he is supposed to be patient with.

Sagar looked at Devami and then firmly held her hand, stopping it from shaking, she looked at him and he gave her an assuring nod, that everything will be alright.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

SHADI KI BADHAIYA ! SAILORS, BUFFET KHULA HAI, POP-KARN BHI HAI ! LOOT LO !

By the way did you know ki Kanyadaan mei Kanya ka nahi Gotra ka daan hota hai ?

In Sanatan culture, women inherit gotra of their father and after marriage it changes to the gotra of the husband. (There is a scientific reason behind this, we'll discuss some other day)

So in the marriage, Pita apna gotra agni ko daan kardeta hai, aur pati uss Kanya ko apne gotra mei leta hai. This is the actual concept of Kanyadaan.