CHAPTER 58

Finally after a lot of persuasion by Ved Vyas, Parthvi and Sagar, Krishnav and the rest of the Panduputris agreed for the marriage.

Except for Devami, she had a premonition about the destruction it will bring upon Bharatvarsh if Sagar and Krishnav are not united and thus she agreed.

But at the same time she wondered whether in the greater good will she always have to sacrifice her happiness. The first time she had no say in the marriage with Sagar.

After a long now that she fell in love with him, she again has to be binded in an unbreakable relationship with Krishnav.

As the Panduputris, Sagar, Kunti and Krishnav talked with Ved Vyas, tears blurred the eyes of Devami, as a drop rolled down her cheek Sagar looked at her.

"Devami ?" He muttered causing everyone's attention to fall on her.

Feeling everyone's gaze on her, she tried hard to control the urge to breakdown but when it became too much she turned around and ran away.

"Devami ? Devami !" Kunti called.

"Does she not want to get married ?" Krishnav asked worriedly.

"I'll go to her." Sagar said and followed her behind.

Looking for her, he ventured deep into the forest guided by her footsteps. Soon he heard faint sobs, he followed the sound and saw her sitting underneath a tree.

"Devami ?" Sagar called walking towards her.

She looked at him startled then got up wipping her tears and turned to the other side, not wanting to him to see her cry.

"Why are you here ?" She asked.

"To take you back. Everyone will be getting worried." He said.

"And you ? Didn't you get worried ?" Devami asked.

"If I didn't then why would I come here ?" Sagar said.

"If you genuinely care for me then you wouldn't have persuaded me to marry Rajkumar Krishnav." She said.

"Really ? Devami out of everyone I thought you would understand this better." Sagar said.

"I do.... But what about my happiness ? My choice ?" Devami sobbed.

Sagar sadly smiled at her and then went in front of her, he kept his hand under her chin making Devami look at him.

"Keshav says that there are many situations where one has no control over life. At such situations one must keep composure and accept things as they are to make them better." Sagar said.

"You don't understand.... I never get a choice in my life ! I have absolutely no control ! I had no choice but to get married to you ! And now I had no choice but to get married to Rajkumar Krishnav ! I cannot do anything because I know these are necessary for the greater good but can't I have a moment of happiness ? Without the premonitions or the worry of future ?" Devami broke down into tears.

Sagar frowned at that, he knew her life was harder than rest because of the premonitions she get but didn't expect it to be so tough.

"Arya, I love you ! You only ! Then how can I marry Rajkumar Krishnav ?" Devami cried.

Suddenly she fell in his embrace and sobbed her heart out. He kept a hand over head caressing it.

She was frustrated a few moments earlier and now her worries started to vanish

She was frustrated a few moments earlier and now her worries started to vanish. Sagar hugged her a fraction tighter, just enough to break her wall of restraint, that had preventing her to express herself.

With her rightful duty and responsibility for greater good and her personal happiness at war, all she did was cry inconsolably in his arms.

Soon her cries fainted, as she sobbed silently. Sagar looked at her and knew right now was best time to console her.

"Devami, those who travel the path of Dharma always have it the hard way but that doesn't hide the fact that it is the right way. And dear if you think like this then you can never find happiness." Sagar said.

"What do you mean ?" Devami asked looking at him.

"You cannot get happiness, you cannot wait for happiness. You need to look for it. Search it in the little things of life, look for it when you spend time with the loved ones." Sagar said.

"But Arya, I love you. You are my happiness, then how can I marry Rajkumar Krishnav ?" Devami asked.

"Devami, if you love me then you will love Krishnav also. If I am the source of your happiness then he too shall be. Just give him a chance." Sagar said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

DEVU CONFESSED ! DEVU CONFESSED !

Poor Devami.... Don't worry it will be alright, Sagar and Krishnav are one only.

-----

Me and my sailors surrendering ourselves to Krishna -

Sar jhuka ke dekha toh paramanand unhi kamal samaan charno mei tha 😌🙏

😌🙏