CHAPTER 54

"We accept it." Krishna said.

Drupad, Krishnav and Sagar looked at him confused as Balram shook his head knowing he will do another leela now.

"Madhav, we shouldn't give in to her tantrum." Sagar whispered to Krishna.

"Trust me Sagar, this is for the best." Krishna said.

He then gazed at the crowd where the Brahmin ladies were standing. Krishna looked at the five Panduputris, especially at Parthvi.

"My lady over there ! You seem like a valorous one ! Come and show your might." He said pointing at Parthvi.

Sagar's eyes fell on her and he felt like she was familiar but he couldn't guess who she was. It might or might not have something to do with Krishna's Maya, to let the Swayamvadhu go one smoothly.

The Panduputris frowned at that, how can Parthvi marry another ? But it was coming from Krishna then there is definitely something more to it, because they knew he had recognised her.

Recognising it as her cue Parthvi walked up to the middle of the pavillion, with veiled face assuring herself that it was for the greater good.

"Greetings of Maharaj Drupad, Yadav-shresht Balram, Dwarikadheesh Shri Krishna, Yuvraj Sagar and Rajkumar Krishnav." Parthvi bowed.

Sagar frowned, her voice was also so familiar, and her taking his name also was. But because of Krishna's Maya he was not able to recognise her even though he felt he knew her.

Parthvi walked up to the divine bow Kindhura and bowed down to it, paying her respects. Suyodhanaa and Karnika scoffed as the rest of the princesses raised their brows wondering how can she succeed.

Parthvi examined the bow and then grabbed its grip and swiftly picked it up with one hand. The rest of the princesses gasped seeing it.

The third daughter of Pandu bent down and picked up the divine string as if it was a feather and then tied it to the other end, succeed stringing the bow.

She then walked in front of the pond over which the reflection of the revolving fish was visible. She bent down on one knee and then raise up the Kindhura Dhanush.

She summoned five arrows and then took her aim. When the fish came to the right position, Parthvi shot the arrows and all five of them hit the eye perfectly.

Everyone besides Krishna gasped at such a terrific display of archery. Krishnav and Maharaj Drupad were incredibly impressed by her.

"Noble lady, never have we witnessed such a display of archery ! You indeed are worthy to be the wife of my son, Krishnav. But before that, can you please show us your face so we can know who are you so valorous in archery." Drupad said.

Sagar leaned in closer to get the look of her face because he knew for sure they were familiar. Parthvi took a deep breath and then removed her veil.

 Parthvi took a deep breath and then removed her veil

"P-Parthvi ?" Sagar muttered in disbelief.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Uff the hint of betrayal in his voice !