CHAPTER 27

Suyodhanaa now had enough of Vallabhi's taunts thus she was planning to take revenge. But she cannot directly go to the Yuvraj-bhavan without any valid reason.

Thus she had summoned a dasi from that palace-complex to fulfill her plan.

"How many people are there in your family again ?" Suyodhanaa asked.

"There 5 Rajkumari." The dasi said.

"And you're the only working one ?" Suyodhanaa asked.

"Yes." The dasi nodded.

"How much do you make ?" She asked.

"About 50 gold coins a month, but Yuvraj is planning to increase our wages." The dasi said.

"How much can he increase ? 60 gold coins ? 70 gold coins ? I will give you 150 gold coins right now, if you do my work." Suyodhanaa said.

"What work Rajkumari ?" The dasi asked.

"You see those razor sharp blades over there ? I want you to place them in the temple of the Yuvraj-bhavan, where Rajkumari Vallabhi would step on it." Suyodhanaa said.

"With all due respect Rajkumari, this is wrong." The dasi said.

"I will give you 200 gold coins." Suyodhanaa said.

"But-" "250 gold coins, come on I'm being more than generous." The dasi tried to deny but Suyodhanaa increased the price.

"A-As you say Rajkumari." The dasi agreed.

"Good. Now off you go." Suyodhanaa said.

The dasi took the razor sharp blades and went to the temple of the Yuvraj-bhavan. There she inserted those blades in the earth, sharp edges pointing upwards.

After it was done, the dasi sneakingly left and went to Suyodhanaa, who gave her 250 gold coins as promised. Now she laid down on her bed with a wine glass in her hand.

A smile was plastered on her face as she patiently waited for her plan to succeed as she sipped her wine.

Suddenly Karnika entered her room and was suprised seeing Suyodhanaa in such a happy mood.

"My friend, you seem happy today." Karnika said.

"I am." Suyodhanaa smiled.

"Any specific reason ?" Karnika asked.

"Oh you know how revenge is like the sweetest success. So tell me what brings you here ?" Suyodhanaa said.

"I came here to inform you that the construction for the palace of Lacquer is about to be completed in a few days." Karnika said.

"Marvellous." Suyodhanaa smirked sipping her wine.

□□ EVENING TIME □□

Vallabhi and Devami were going to the temple in Yuvraj-bhavan to offer their evening prayers. They reached the temple and started praying when suddenly Devami got a premonition.

A vision flashed in her mind where she saw razor sharp blades were inserted in between the grass, and Vallabhi's feet bleeding.

"Let's go Devami." Vallabhi said bringing her out the thoughts.

Devami looked at her sister and saw her leaving the temple, she panicked as she saw blades shining from the grass. She quickly got up and ran towards Vallabhi pushing her aside.

In the process Devami herself stepped on those razor sharp blades and winced in pain.

"Devami ? Oh my god your feet !" Vallabhi got shocked.

Her eyes then fell on the blades hiding amongst the grass, she instantly came to know who would've done a thing like this. But right now was not the time to take care of Suyodhanaa.

"Arya ! Arya !" Vallabhi called.

From the other side Sagar opened his door hearing her calls.

"Arya ! Devami's feet are hurt !" Vallabhi said.

"What !?" Sagar exclaimed running towards them.

He knelt besides Devami and saw her feet which were pierced with razor sharp blades.

"Oh my god, Vallabhi call Nakulaa." Sagar said to her and she left without wasting any time.

By the time Sagar picked Devami up in his arms, suprising her.

"Put me down ! What is this !?" Devami said.

"Are you serious ? Your feet are pierced with blades, you're not in condition to walk. Do you want me to leave you like this ?" Sagar said.

Devami frowned at him but didn't say anything.

Sagar shook her head and took her to his room

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

It is said that although Sehdev couldn't tell what the future was he would go and help people regarding whom he had a bad premonition.

So that's what Devami did.