CHAPTER 23

As per Kunti instructions, the preparations for the ceremony of Garbha-daan sanskar were taking place.

Seeing the maids and servants doing the preparations, Suyodhanaa got extremely angry. But as it was the orders of Rajmata she couldn't do anything.

She stomped up to her room and started throwing everything here and there. She screamed and cried in frustration.

But suddenly a laugh came from the door, she snapped her head and saw Vallabhi standing at the entrance, laughing.

"Well, well. Vasudev really turned the tables here, didn't he ? Such a pity on you." Vallabhi said coming inside.

"Why are you here !?" Suyodhanaa asked.

"To do exactly what you would if I was in your condition, my dear sister." Vallabhi said coming inside.

Seeing her in all 16 shringar done in the name of Sagar, her lawfully wedded husband, Suyodhanaa closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Vallabhi, I don't want to deal with you today." She said.

"You don't have the capacity to deal with me anyday." Vallabhi said.

"Are you done !? If yes then leave !" Suyodhanaa said.

"Right, I should leave. It's my Garbha-daan sanskar today. I don't want to make my beloved husband, and your brother-in-law wait." Vallabhi said.

Getting a reminder about relations, Suyodhanaa clenched her fists and glared at her as Vallabhi gave her a smirk and left.

Suyodhanaa yelled in frustration as she kicked a stool nearby.

"Very soon he will be mine.....very soon." Suyodhanaa gritted her teeth.

On the other side Sagar had just completed the puja of Garbha-daan sanskar with Yaudhevi, when Vallabhi came.

"Vallabhi, where were you ?" Kunti asked.

"Nowhere Mata." Vallabhi shook her head.

"Come, it's your turn for Garbha-daan now." Kunti said.

A wide grin appeared on her face as she quickly sat down beside Sagar, he looked at her and gave her a smile. Kulguru Kripacharya started chanting the mantra, invoking the Indra and both the couple prayed to get a glorious child.

After it was done, Vallabhi got up and then Parthvi came. Both the couple had a blush on their faces as they performed the puja.

After Parthvi, came Nakulaa with red tint on her cheeks, Sagar noticed it and suppressed the urge to pinch her heated cheeks, to make her swoon even more.

After they had performed the ceremony, Nakulaa went up and then Devami came and sat down beside him. Sagar looked at her but she refused to even glance at him.

She sat timidly, afraid of what can happen between them after the Garbha-daan sanskar. Sagar looked at her and decided to do something to cheer her up, after all he is now her husband and it's his duty to break the ice between them.

'If she won't, then I must.' Sagar thought and looked at her.

"Devami, you seem a little tensed

"Devami, you seem a little tensed." Sagar whispered.

"I-I-I am fine. Just tired." Devami said nervously.

"Me too. Every ceremony I have do 5 times now, not that I mind but it's tedious." Sagar said.

"I see." Devami nodded.

"I swear at this point I remember all the mantras and vidhis." Sagar said.

"Really ?" Devami asked as a smile appeared on her face.

"Yes. I think I should ask Kripacharya to rest for a while. I guess I can perform the ceremony this time." Sagar said.

A chuckle left Devami's mouth listening to that. Sagar smiled gladly seeing her in a lifted mood.

 Sagar smiled gladly seeing her in a lifted mood

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

I don't have much knowledge as to how Garbha-daan sanskar puja was performed in Vedic era, there wasn't much information on the net.

But I think the mantras of Indradev would have been chanted because many instances are there in Vedas and several Shashtras where it is said that couples should pray to Indra for a glorious child.

And in Vedas there is also written, I cannot exactly remember the full verse, but it is said - May Indra blesses her with glorious sons.

So I thought it would be best for them to also worship Indradev.

FUN FACT - Although Indra is depicted as arrogant and egoistic, he is also of a very forgiving nature.

In Mahabharat there is a verse about Arjun where it says that he is as forgiving as Earth and Indra.

So you see Indra is as forgiving as the earth, very much then.