CHAPTER 61

Everyone was present at the court of Hastinapur waiting for Dhritrashtra to come. Today Sagar was sitting alone at the throne of Yuvraj, Yaudhevi wasn't beside him.

Because today she along with her sisters and Krishnav were about to be questioned for the sanctity of their marriage.

Devami was getting a premonition that the verdict today will be at their favour but at a very high cost. She nervously looked at Sagar who with all seriousness was looking at the door of the court waiting for Dhritrashtra to come.

Krishnav also looked at him and knew that he definitely will turn the tables today for he seemed incredibly calm, like the calmness of the ocean before the storm

Soon Dhritrashtra came and everyone stood up in respect. He stomped up to the throne and sat down, gesturing all to take their seats as well.

"Hastinapur is a great and revered Kingdom because of all the great rulers it had. Maharaj Shantanu, Maharaj Chitrangad and Maharaj Pandu have all increased the greatness of this Kingdom. It is a shame the daughters of the same Pandu will do such heinous crime by marrying a second man when their first husband is alive and with them." Dhritrashtra said.

The Panduputris and Krishnav frowned whereas Soubalaa and Suyodhanaa smirked, their plan was working.

"Yuvraj Sagar, how will you justify the acts of Panduputris ? Do remember today they are not your wife but culprits of Hastinapur." Dhritrashtra said.

"Indeed Maharaj I am a Yuvraj today and not their husband. But I would also like to remind you that you are the Maharaj yet you have already deemed the Panduputris to be culprits." Sagar said.

"What do you mean ?" Dhritrashtra asked.

"What justification will I give Maharaj when you have already made up your mind ? It will be a waste of everyone's time. As a King whose duty is to serve justice and yet without listening to both sides you have deemed the Panduputris and Rajkumar Krishnav as culprits." Sagar said.

"Yuvraj, why are changing the topic ? Maharaj has done no wrong. The Panduputris have committed the sin of keeping more than one husband." Soubalaa said.

"Why do you think having more than one husband is a sin ?" Sagar asked.

"Yuvraj, everyone knows that keeping more than one husband is a crime." Karnika said.

"Really ? Then Maharani Karnika, why did you participate in the Swayamvadhu of Rajkumar Krishnav ? Why did you try to win the competition ?" Sagar asked.

At that Karnika fell silent, she couldn't just tell that it was on behest of Suyodhanaa or else it will ruin both their images.

"Again the Yuvraj is taking us away from the topic." Soubalaa said.

"Sagar, keeping more than one husband is like adultery. Such a crime cannot be ignored or else the common citizens will get encouraged to do this as well." Dhritrashtra said.

"If keeping more than one husband is adultery then so is forcing oneself onto their sister's husband." Sagar said looking at Suyodhanaa.

Bhism, Vidur, Kripacharya and Dronachaya shook their heads in disgust that Suyodhanaa would do such a thing but they weren't exactly suprised.

"Maharaj if you cannot punish Suyodhanaa, for entering Yuvraj bhavan without any valid reason, forcing herself onto the Yuvraj who is the husband of her sisters, then you cannot punish Panduputris as well." Sagar said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Wah Sagar wah ! Chha gaye !

Vidur ka clear asar dikh raha hai mujhe, Sagar par 😂😂