34

???: Nice to meet you...I'm Jeon Jungkook..your neighbor next door. Hope we can be friends right??
He said, with a big smile in his face. Adorable
~*~

A whole week passed as Y/n slowly took her steps towards the prison to look after Taehyung. She didn't want to do it but at the end she was there standing Infront of the prison.

She walked towards one of the officers and asked.

Y/n: Am I allowed to meet Kim Taehyung?

Officer: yes you can...but what is your relationship with him?
He asked for the inquiry.

Y/n: I am his wi- I mean friend.
She whispered as the officer looked at her and nodded.

Officer: May I know your name?

Y/n: yes...it's Choi Y/n.
She said lightly, giving him a smile. Within a few minutes of the inquiry she was there sitting in one room...soon her eyes fell on the person she was looking for.

His eyes shined as he looked at hers. He gave a bitter smile not being able to look at her orbs which had blank expressions. She gazed at him from head to toe only to find him in quite a miserable state then he used to be just at the pace of a week.

Was one week enough to make him miserable...it surely was but not as much as she went through...not as much as she suffered.

Taehyung: Y/n
He whispered.

She gulped down the lump that was created in her throat, nodding lightly. She looked at him, her eyes filled with tears and she blinked a couple of times trying to hide them but on the other side Taehyung, who craved to see her, already had a breakdown.

He took steps towards her and lightly embraced her wishing for her arms to wrap around his but unfortunately it didn't. He kept on weeping on her shoulder like a child but Y/n stood there giving deep breathes.

Taehyung slowly separated the hug as he looked at her. Wiping his tears he gulped and looked at her.

Taehyung: How's Taemin??
He whispered.

Y/n: he's good.
She said with a blank voice which didn't even carry any emotions.

Taehyung: And what about you..are you doing better?
He asked as she looked at him and nodded.

Y/n: I am

Taehyung: I'm not in great condition Y/n...
He whispered as  Y/n looked at him.

Taehyung: I don't mind about the beatings and work I have been given here but my condition is going worse not being around you two.
He whispered.

Taehyung: I know I didn't care about you or Taemin at that moment but now I only need you two-

Y/n: but we don't
She said Taehyung looked at her as thousands of draggers stabbed his heart, hearing her, his stomach took turns as he trembled.

Y/n looked at him and whispered " we are better without you and we will be in the future".

Y/n: I just came to tell you that this will be our last meeting... take care...
She whispered as she turned her back getting ready to leave, but Taehyung stopped her by holding her wrist. Pulling her towards him he placed his lips on hers, giving a little peck. After it, he quietly took steps backward looking downwards.

Taehyung: I love you but I know we don't deserve to end together...hope you mind your happiness.

He whispered, a drop of tear rolled down his cheeks as he quietly left the room making Y/n look at him. Her heart clenched at the sight but even she knew she was better without him.

_-_-_-_

She entered the elevator while holding Taemin's hand, she was lost in her thoughts until someone broke it.

Jungkook: hello Y/n
He whispered as she looked at him and whispered "hi".

Jungkook's eyes slowly traveled towards the little kid as he excitedly waved at him making funny faces making Taemin giggle.

Jungkook: Is he your brother??
He asked looking at her as Y/n looked at him and shook her head.

Y/n: he's my son... Choi Taemin.

Jungkook's face fell as he looked at her.

Jeon Jungkook: you're married??

Y/n: I was.
She whispered as Jungkook looked at her blinking a few times.

Jeon Jungkook: What do you mean I was.
He asked.

Y/n: we divorced.
She said looking straight into his eyes which held lots of broken emotions and feelings.

Jeon Jungkook: I know I am not that close to ask it but may I know why??...afterall we are friends.
He whispered.

Taemin: Daddy used to beat me and mommy..so we left him.
Taemin whispered in a sad voice as Y/n looked at him not expecting him to answer it.

Jeon Jungkook: What the hell?? Tell me his address. I will go fix that bast- guy.

He said with little raise over his voice as Y/n and Taemin looked at him in shock.

Taemin: Police uncle already took him.
He whispered as Jungkook looked at him and whispered "oh".

Few minutes passed as silence filled the elevator as soon floor 52 dinged.

Three of them took their step out as Y/n and Taemin quietly walked towards their apartment but before they could enter the door that was just opened by Y/n, Jungkook spoke.

Jungkook: I invite you two for dinner and no or anytime of negative response as answer is not allowed.
He said as Y/n looked at him.

Jungkook: I wholeheartedly insist you guys to join the dinner...please.

Taemin: ofcourse we will, uncle.
Taemin screamed happily.

To be continued