Origins

Many years ago there were 10 brothers that lived alone in a village with a secret, they all had wings. Non knew why they had wings but they all got them a day before their 17th birthday. They tried to keep them hidden from the village out of fear however, one day the youngest was flying in a nearby forest when someone saw him.

The next day the whole village knew about them. Some called them monsters while others praised them as if they were gods however, soon war broke out between the village and a nearby city that wanted to use the village for its resources. The people begged the winged brothers to help fight and the brothers agreed knowing they were outnumbered by the city and would be killed anyway if they lost so, they joined the fight. The war was short, only lasting two days before the village was victorious thanks to the brothers however all the brothers died due to injuries, most during war and a few in the following days being unable to recover from their injuries.

Years later the village expanded into what is now called the UK, and the story is widely known as if it were a common fairy tale as everyone is told this legend in history class's at school, however, only a handful know the truth. was told 2 versions the "normal". The truth close to the normal story except one detail.

They had a sister.

However, when the village found out about their secret she was only 7 years old so her oldest brother told her to run away with the hope that she could live a normal life somewhere far from the village, and although she also grew wings she was able to live as her brothers wished. In peace.

At the time of her death she was married and told her story, her truth, to her children that she would leave behind. Her children passed her story down but as time passed some who were told her story thought it was lies and didn't continue the tradition. This continued until my mother told me the true legend a couple weeks after my 15th birthday and that she was the only person to tell their child the truth of the sister. My forgotten ancestor. 

(N/A) first 2 chapters will mostly be backstory. Other characters will be introduced in the next few chapters :)