practice

I sat on my bed and looked as far back as my neck would let me to get a closer look at my wings. I tried to move them slowly up and down, this was surprisingly successful but it created too much wind in my room causing things on my desk to move and fall off. This is gonna take a while to get used to, I thought to myself with a slight smile. It was like I was trying to learn how to walk again.

I went downstairs and as I walked into the living room I heard my mam say "looks like your feeling a bit better"

"Yeah, I've finally accepted that everything that happened so far isn't a dream, I think. Now I just have to mentally prepare to talk to the others at some point, "I said. "Wait where am I gonna actually learn to fly."

"We don't have much room in our house so you won't be able to practice flying yet but you could use the garage as a way to move your wings without knocking anything over," my mam said as I try to hold in a laugh. "You've already knocked stuff over haven't you." I start laughing as my mam sighs and starts laughing with me. Once we calm down my mam continues " also until you learn to turn your wings invisible properly you will have to stay off school and in the house."

I was slightly annoyed about having to stay inside but I knew it was for the best. "Yeah I understand I'll text Ellie to let the teachers know I won't be in school for a while," I paused, "And yes I won't tell her anything that's happened."

(Y/n)
Hi Ellie I caught the you know what so I won't be in for 2 weeks, maybe a bit longer :(

Ellie
Aww that's a ashame, it's your birthday tomorrow as well, at least you get to miss the history test.

I forgot about the test that would be the last thing I would want to do after everything that happened today I thought to myself.

(Y/n)
Yeah besides staying off, eating cake and watching YouTube sounds like a pretty good birthday to me.

Ellie
Lol as long as you have enough food and water, I'll tell the teachers you won't be in for a while. Happy birthday for tomorrow and get well soon :)

(Y/n)
I will, thanks bye

I put my phone down and felt a slight guilt in lying but I knew I had to, not just for myself but the others as well. Now I just need to find out how to make my wings invisible, it couldn't be that hard, right... right?