a mother's instincts

I was standing in a pitch black room with 10 silhouettes surround me. I couldn't move or talk however instead of fearing the shadowed figures I was strangely comforted by them. "(Y/n), its time, wake up." One of them said softly.

I woke up thinking about the strange dream and went downstairs to be greeted by my mam grinning strangely at me with the curtains closed. I tilted my head in confusion as I was still trying to wake up properly.

"What day is it?" She asked confusing me more.

"Sunday?" I ask.

"No, not like that I mean compared to your birthday." She says

"Ummm, the day before" I respond unsure of what I should have found out by now.

"What happened in the story a day before each brothers 17th birthday" she asked

"They got wings?" I questioned unsure of anything at this point.

My mam sighs and said "go upstairs and brush your teeth"

"Ok?" I said. I went upstairs into the bathroom, put toothpaste on my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth, about 1 minute later I walked near the small hand held mirror facing sideways and quickly glanced at it. I noticed something that was a light pastel blue color. I had another closer look this time and was speechless, looking back at me was a copy of myself with large light blue wings that had torn holes in the back of my pj top. I look at my back, drop my toothbrush and immediately run downstairs almost falling over in the process.

"You knew about this?" I yell asked.

"I had a feeling for a while" my mother said calmly.

"How" I ask still not quieting down.

"You loved feeding birds since you were young and they always seemed comfortable with you, some even landed on your shoulder occasionally... You also went through a phase for about a month when you were 15 of running while you waved your arms up and down when you first heard about the story when you thought no one was watching." My mam said laughing quietly, "as well as that, call it a mothers instincts."

By this point I was red with embarrassment. "Anyway, moving on what should I do now" I asked slightly panicked.

"I can see if any of the others are free to help you with your wings if you want" she said

"Sure" I said nervous as I quickly ran upstairs to get some new clothes. I grabbed a old yet comfy jumper and cut 2 holes in it so my wings were comfortable. I went back downstairs and saw my mother open discord on her phone and click on a group chat with 10 others who all had a nickname stopping me from seeing their real discord names. She pinged someone specific and within 2 minutes he responded.

She put the phone in between us and said "This is the first one I found, you ready to call him?"

"Ready as I'll ever be" I said feeling extremely nervous as we went into the vc and I heard someone join.

"Hi Phil your on speaker with me and (y/n)" my mother said.