first aid

Tw: blood and mention of broken bones

I slowly opened my eyes to see light glaring through the tree's leafs forcing me to squint.

I must have been unconscious for more than a few seconds because when I woke up both Tommy and Ranboo were kneeling on the ground next to me looking into the distance.

"Where's Tubbo," I mumbled.

Ranboo seemed to be panicking but Tommy on the other hand was unusually still. "Don't worry, he's just looking for a worker to help," Tommy said calmly, "Can you feel and move your toes," he asked, a hint of worry flashing on his face.

"Yeah, I can,"I said confused. I pushed myself so I was sitting up and winced in pain.

"Are you okay (y/n)," Ranboo asked both worry and panic mixing in their voice.

"My back hasn't hurt this much since I grew my wings," I said trying to joke, but I was unable to force a humorous tone into my words. I heard footsteps rush over to where we were and looked to see Tubbo and someone else who I assumed to be a worker.

"Are you okay miss, do you think you can stand up," the person said and offered to help me stand up. I grabbed their arm and forced myself to stand. They carefully and quickly got the safety harnesses off me while Tommy explained what happened, "There's a first aid room with a mirror in it if you want to make sure you're back isn't bruised or anything," the worker, who clearly wasn't getting payed enough for this, said.

"Yeah that'll be good," I said to them and looked at the others, "I'll be fine, dont wait for me you have the rest of the vlog to film" I said to them not wanting the others to miss out, and slowly walked with the person.

They walked me to the first aid room and waited outside to give me some privacy. I took of my jumper (which was agonising) and looked at my back in the mirror. I saw a large bruise already appearing on one of my shoulder blades with a smaller one on the other 'must have landed harder on that side' I thought. I put my jumper back on and opened the door.

Luckily the worker gave me a ice pack to try and numb the pain a bit after I told them there was a bruise. I cringed a bit when the cold ice pack touched my skin, but it did help soothe my back.

After a while they said I could go back outside if I was feeling good enough to, but also said it would be best to stay off the course. I immediately agreed and walked outside to try find the others.

I wandered down the course and sure enough I eventually ended up hearing them before I saw them, "(Y/n)," they all shouted, practically in unison, "Are you okay."

"I've just got a little bruise on my shoulder blade but other than that I'm perfectly fine," I shouted up, down playing it so I didn't worry the three. Tubbo and Ranboo looked relieved, Tommy didn't seem to believe me, but he also didn't push me to say anymore. "Also, the first aid person said that I probably shouldn't go on the ropes again since I fainted, so I'll film bits for the vlog down here," I said.

They were only on the course for about another fifteen minutes, making me realise how long I was actually gone for, before they went on a final zipwire and made their way back around to where I was waiting.

The three got help taking the safety equipment off and thanked the workers before leaving and heading to the train station. Luckily we had plenty of time before the train we needed got to the station so we could walk there slowly, if we were in a similar rush to the one this morning there's no way I would have been able to run to catch the train.

We were able to find seats relatively easily when we got on the train but when I sat down I felt a stabbing pain in my back. I tried to hide it  but I tensed up for a second and Tommy seemed to notice.