stubborn

I woke up the next morning relaxed until I realised that I was awake until 5, I didn't wake up because of my alarm and it's the last school day. I quickly checked my phone for the time and saw that I woke up an hour late so I rushed to get ready in my uniform and dashed out the house while still eating a bit of toast for breakfast.

I normally wake up 50 minutes before I walk to school so I have enough time to walk slowly and wake up properly.

Not this time though.

This time was a near constant run to school only stopping briefly to catch my breath and put on my sunglasses because the sun was in my eyes and to hide my face if anyone took any photos. To anyone else I would have looked like a madman as I ran through the corridors loudly in an attempt to prevent being later than I already was.

When I saw my classroom door I stopped to catch my breath and not draw more attention to myself than I already have. I walked into the room and all eyes were on me as if everyone wanted to say something but no one did apart from the teacher. "(Y/n) why are you ten minutes late, and why do you still have those sunglasses on,"

"I'm sorry, I woke up late because my alarm didn't wake me up, and about the sunglasses you'll probably see at some point today," I replied honestly and while walking to my seat leaving the teacher with a confused look.

As I walked past one row of seats I heard someone whisper (u/n). I immediately look in the direction of the sound and hear a small gasp from who said it. Welp looks like everyone knows, I thought.

As expected since it was the last day the teacher let us chat while watching a movie on the projector. I was happy enough talking and joking with Milo until the bell rang and a small group of people approached me.

"Omg are you really (u/n)," they said and although I was okay with people knowing as long as my face wasn't online I never thought of what to actually say so my words turned into a jumbled mess.

"I ummm, yes?" I said as if I was asking the question.

Some in the group were speechless while others fangirled and asked inaudible questions over eachother,
however, one rude person with said," Prove it then," in a cocky tone smirking at me.

Everything went silent. Everyone stared at me waiting for an answer, even Milo was curious at what I'd say.

"If you believe me, you believe me. If you don't, you don't," I said calmly.

"I can see through your bluff. Show me proof," they said.

"Not that I mind people coming up to me, but I if you or any others don't believe me I don't really care, I'm not trying to get attention. Someone overheard a conversation and told a few people about it so if no one believes them then why should I try to 'prove' anything to anyone," I said slightly annoyed leaving the group and Milo speechless.

After that I walked away with Milo following me "Guess I won't be stampeded after all," I said

"You're too stubborn I swear," Milo said shaking his head smiling like a disappointed parent who wants to laugh.

We met up with Ellie and told her what happened "Yep, that sounds like a you thing to do," she said also like a disappointed parent.

As the break went on more people heard that I'm (u/n) causing me to feel anxious with everyone's eyes on me. Luckily Ellie and Milo noticed I was slightly uncomfortable so they led me to a quieter area for the rest of break.

When the bell rang we went to our classes. It was my favourite lesson, art and this time the teacher showed up.

The art teacher's usually strict however since it was the last day they let the class draw whatever we wanted as long as we looked busy and was quite enough for them to mark work.

"What are you gonna draw," I asked Milo trying to get some ideas.

"I'm just going to try draw random characters from memory. What about you," he said.

"Not sure yet..." I said tapping my pencil on the desk as I thought. "Wait a minute I could try and draw what I want my limbo to be if my character dies. I don't have a death planned for my character yet but it'll be cool" I continued excitedly.

"Never before have I heard anyone so excited about a characters death," Milo said causing both of us laugh and get told off by the teacher for being too loud.

Time skip until after the lesson:

Other than getting told off at the beginning, the lesson went well I thought of a good idea for my limbo and had enough time to make a quick sketch of it before lunch.

At the beginning of lunch break I used the first few minutes to rest my wings in a toilet stall and realised that, compared to the first day I can make my wings invisible for slightly longer before getting uncomfortable. It's not much, but it's progress I thought and smiled.

The rest of the day was surprisingly nice overall.

Quite a few people didn't believe that I'm (u/n) however some people who heard who I am through one way or another came over to talk to me at lunch and ask some questions consisting mostly of dsmp, my mask and glasses and who I'm visiting so I couldn't answer some, but I was more than happy to answer the less personal ones.

It was a little crowded with about 20 people in the crowd and one person did try to ask something weird but they quickly stopped when someone in the small crowd shouted cringe, and everyone including me laughed.

At the end of the day, we had a goodbye assembly in the hall which made quite a few people tear up as it set in that this is probably the last time the class will all be together. After I took some photos with a few people and we said our goodbyes to eachother I walked the usual route from school to my home one last time with small tears starting to form in my eyes as a new chapter of my life began.

N/a: thanks for 507 reads and 58 votes :D