train ride

The next day

"(Y/n), (y/n) wake up. (Y/n) we're 30 minutes late. I heard my mam say as she shook me awake.

I immediately remembered what day it was and was filled with adrenaline as we both rushed to get ready and not miss the train.

I made some toast to eat in the car while I quickly got ready and within ten minutes we were both ready. I done a very last minute glance check of my suitcase to make sure I had my most important items, and after that we dashed to the car and drove to the station.

We ended up barely missing the train but luckily there was one coming to the station half an hour after so, if I was quick enough after the ride I could still get to Tubbo's house before them. My mam gave me Tubbo's parent's number just incase I needed to stall them and we had a small snack in the stations cafe.

The second train arrived on time and I hugged my mam goodbye while trying not to be emotional and failing badly, so, with tears visible I said," Bye mam I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you to, have fun." She said also tearing up slightly.

"I will, I promise," I said with a smile and walked on the train and the doors closed. I found my seat and within a few minutes I was on my way to Brighton's train station.

For about 30 minutes I listened to songs that calmed me down while I stared out the window and watched the world pass by. I also thought of how to surprise them the most and thought it would be funny to scare them a bit and make for a good story to tell chat, minus the wings of course, so I called Phil and despite it still being early, he actually picked up. I told him I was visiting them and asked if my plan was a good idea. He immediately started laughing and told me to do it, which also made me laugh and decide to go threw with it. We talked for a little bit longer until Phil needed to go.

Once i wasn't talking to anyone I immediately felt tired. Luckily I had a table where I sat so I rested my head in my hands and felt my eyes slowly close as I listened to Your City Gave Me Asthma in one of my playlists.

I was asleep for almost 2 hours before I was woken up by a notification interrupting the songs so I checked the message and it was from Tubbo's mother.

T/m (Tubbo's mother)
Ranboo's flight landed early and we've just met up with him. It will take about 45 minutes to get back home do you need us to stall them.

I checked my phones clock and quickly thought of how much time I would need to get there.

(Y/n)
Can you try to stall them for 30 or so minutes, ask if any of them want something to eat. I missed my first train so I'm a bit later than expected.

Another message was sent at the exact same time.

T/m
Too late the 3 of them immediately wanted McDonald's so we're going there first.

(Y/n)
Welp that was easier than expected

I start to laugh imagining the boys teaming up on Tubbo's parents and sisters to make them to stop of at McDonald's.

I was about 3 minutes away from the station eagerly looking outside and waiting to see the station when I heard the announcement for Brighton and immediately felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

I eventually got off the train with my suitcase and found a taxi. I told the driver where to go and 20 minutes later I got out the car and was standing right outside Tubbo's house. I took the key from under the door mat and walked inside.

I felt like I was intruding despite a key being left for me so I quickly found where Tubbo's new streaming/living area was and sat on the sofa. I made my wings visible to have a break and I checked my phone for the time when a message came through from Tubbo's mother saying they were only a few minutes away.

I breathed in and out slowly to try and calm both my excitement and nerves until I heard Tommy talk and laugh loudly muffled behind the door and immediately hid my wings.

Time to surprise them by being here I thought to myself as I saw the handle move and the door open.