Chapter 002

[This picture does not belong to me; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Gratitude<<<

"Hey, dad."Yeonjun sighed tiredly as he put his motorcycle helmet on the table. Mr. Choi, whose name is Bom-jun, hummed in response, sifting through papers. Yeonjun sat across him, noticing the dark circles under his eyes. "Are you evicting someone? Your eyes always look like this when you have to." Bom-jun groaned tiredly, dropping the papers on the table. He leaned back on his chair, his expression was grim.

"I don't want to kick Hwang Yeji out, but her rent is overdue for 2 months." Bom-jun rubbed his eyes wearily. "Wait, Hwang Yeji? The one who lives upstairs?" Bom-jun raised an eyebrow, but before Yeonjun could explain himself, 12-year-old Soo-jun trudged into the room, upset written all over her face.

Yeonjun chuckled before opening his arms wide for his beloved younger sister."What's made my princess so upset? Hm?" He cooed endearingly, kissing the top of her head. Soo-jun pouted, finally revealing her math workbook. "Please help me, Junnie~" Soo-jun whined, pointing to the math question she failed to answer. " Ok, so-" Yeonjun suddenly fell silent, his eyes widening in realization. Soo-jun turned her head around, questioning him innocently. "You don't know how to too?" Yeonjun chuckled at his sister before shaking his head. "Soo-jun, me and dad have to talk about something. Can you go to your room? Look at another question first, okay?" Soo-jun furrowed her eyebrows but left as she was told to. Bom-jun looked at his son enquiringly. Yeonjun broke into a grin, finally announcing what was going on in his head.

"Hwang Yeji. Make a deal with her. You'll lessen her rent but in condition, she becomes Soo-jun's tutor." Bom-jun scoffed at his son's words, shaking his head. "Dad, face it, Soo-jun needs help with her studies but I have too many lessons. Isn't Yeji from Crown University?" Bom-jun looked skeptical, but Yeonjun was desperate. Yeonjun wasn't proud of it, but he took out the dirty card to play with. "Soo-jun is failing. Do you really want to pass up this opportunity?" And like that, Bom-jun sighed as he picked up his phone. "If this goes wrong, the blame will be on you."

>>>

Yeji stood outside the door, nervous. Her palms were sweaty and her heart was racing. This was her chance. She can't screw it. Yeji tentatively knocked on the door, waiting for a response. The door creaked open, a cute face popping out of it. Yeji softly smiled at the young child before bending down. "Are you the Choi Soo-jun I've heard of? My my, you look beautiful, darling." The girl's ears turned red as she grinned. She covered her red ears which were blowing her cover before attempting to open the door with her left leg.

Yeji walked into the house, Soo-jun guiding her to her room. "I don't know where dad is but my big brother is in school." Soo-jun chattered with Yeji as they walked to her room, which Yeji found cute. Yeji responded with hums of interest as she looked around the house.