special chapter

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, FALALALALA LALALALA-

Ouch, honey!" Yeonjun whined when Yeji hit him in the head with one of the stockings in the middle of his carolling.

"The neighbours are going to come over and start complaining again. We don't want the peanut butter incident to happen again, do we?" Yeji narrowed her eyes, and Yeonjun was quick to seal his lips and turn to the decorations again.

"Did Soo-jun say she's coming?" Yeji asked, sitting down on the table to finish wrapping up the Christmas presents that were supposed to be under the tree.

"She said she's going to be a bit late because of university. She said she'll bring champagne to make up for it." Yeonjun hummed from the fireplace, busy hanging up the lights that Yeji had tasked him to do.

"Hyunjin and mum should be here soon."
"I thought Hyunjin was bringing his girlfriend over?"
"Change of plans- they broke up."

Yeonjun snorted at the news, shaking his head at the younger boy. He's told Hyunjin off countless times for his pickiness and his inability to be in a long-term relationship, but his words fell on deaf ears. Fast forward 5 years, and he's still not improving.

Yeji glanced at her phone hearing it buzz, pausing her wrapping seeing that Xiaoting had sent her a picture. She picked the phone up, tapping on the notification before letting out a gasp of delight.

"Did you order something online again? Yeji, I've told you-"
"Shut up no, Xiaoting just sent me a pic of her and U-til in the delivery room. She's going into labour anytime soon."
"Really? That's great! Tell her we'll come see her when she's given birth,"

Yeji hummed in agreement, quickly typing out the words on her phone before pressing send. Yeonjun placed his hands on his hips, smiling triumphantly seeing the festive lights he had put up on the fireplace successfully.

He turns around to face Yeji, who is holding a conversation with her best friend via text. His eyes soften as a smile plays on his lips seeing the giddy look of excitement Yeji had on her face for her best friend.

"Hey, babe?" Yeonjun hummed, walking over to the table. Yeji looked up from her phone, smiling seeing that he was approaching her. She closed her eyes when he pressed a small kiss on the top of her head, sitting down next to her.

"...How about us? Any luck yet?" Yeonjun asked hopefully, and Yeji pursed her lips. Her eyes flicker downwards to her fingers in disappointment, shaking her head as she lets out a small sigh.

The married couple had been trying for months to get their own little one, but proved unsuccessful. Despite Yeji's intense research on the best ways they could reproduce, it wasn't helpful and the results came back negative all the time.

"Hey, hey. Don't be upset, I'm sorry I brought it up. We'll try again, yea?" Yeonjun hums, pulling Yeji into a side hug as he rubs her arm. She looks over at him, nodding as a weak smile plays on her lips. Yeonjun offers her an encouraging smile, pecking her on the lips before they continue decorating the house.

"Babe, keep that pose. This picture will look so cute once it's developed. Alright, one two three..." Yeji hums as she leans back, adjusting the small camera in her hand to fit her husband perfectly in the frame, taking a picture of him in front of the tree posing with one of the presents.

"How does it look?" Yeonjun asks the moment he hears the camera click, putting down the present to approach Yeji. He looks over her shoulder, glancing at the picture before he yells out.

"Hey! Why does it look so bad, wait let's try again," Yeonjun fusses as he walks back to the tree, grabbing the same present. Yeji bursts into laughter, unable to keep the camera straight due to her uncontrollable laugh, producing even uglier pictures which led her to laughing more.