Chapter 019

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Bonds<<<

Yeji pulled on the loose hair strands that had fallen out of her ponytail, looking at the house anxiously. She checked her white blouse for any stains before walking up the concrete steps to the gleaming silver gates, the sound of her heels clicking on the floor following after her.

Yeji rummaged through her purse for the house card she was given the last time she came before she staggered back in surprise, someone accidentally bumping into her shoulder.

"Sorry, sis." Hyunjin offered an apology in an urgent tone, instinctively wrapping his fingers around his sister's arm to prevent her from falling backward. "I have something to attend to, mom's inside."

Without letting Yeji say anything, he rushed past her and ran down the street, Yeji supposed the bus stop around the corner that she used to go there.

"He did not just leave me in this house alone." Yeji scoffed in disbelief, seeing Hyunjin's figure speeding away. She glanced at the gates that had been opened anxiously before squeezing through them, closing them after her.

"Hello?" Yeji hummed timidly as she opened the front door meekly, seeing her mother on the sofa that was placed near the door. Ji-won's face lit up with a bright smile, bouncing off the sofa as she approached her daughter.

"Yeji, you're here!" She exclaimed excitedly before she grabbed her purse that was placed on the sofa as well. Yeji's eyebrows creased in confusion as she faced her mother. "I'm taking you on a shopping spree." she grinned excitedly before walking out of the house.

Yeji stared after her wide-eyed, flustered with the sudden update. She then caught up with her mother who was walking toward the car, unlocking it with her car key.

>>>

"Look at this!" Ji-won cooed excitedly as she spotted the summer dress that was on display. She pulled Yeji into the shop eagerly to look at the shop which sold a variety of clothes.

"I think white complements your red hair perfectly!" Ji-won hummed, comparing the white dress on Yeji's body. Yeji smiled slightly, staring at the white lace dress hesitantly. After living on her own for 3 years, she could only think about how expensive it would be.

Without her knowing it, Yeji's eyes had strayed toward the shirts on sale that had attracted her eye. She stared at them rather longingly, playing with the puffed sleeve of her blouse. Ji-won noticed this and glanced at Yeji to only find her staring at something else. Her eyes lingered on where she was staring before a fond smile spread on her lips.

Yeji looked back at her mother in surprise when she heard the dress that hung on the hanger being placed on the clothing rack again. Ji-won lightly placed her hand on her daughter's elbow before speaking softly.