Chapter 029

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]Surprise updates because I won't let you forget abt RENT🤪

Surprise updates because I won't let you forget abt RENT🤪

>>>Decision<<<

Yeji approached the door curiously after a few hastened knocks sounded. She tucked a hair strand behind her ear before opening the door, surprised to see her brother standing there.

"Hyunjin! What are you doing here?" Yeji beamed at her brother, who looked troubled. Without a word, he let himself in which made Yeji raise a questioning eyebrow. She closed the door before following Hyunjin, seeing him pace around the room.

"Is everything okay?" "How can you possibly say that?" Yeji flinched at the sudden outburst, locking eyes with her brother who was growing more distressed by the second. He turned away, biting on his fingernails.

"You know, if you tell me what's wrong I know how to help you." Yeji sighed irritably, but she knew it was wrong to do so when her brother seemed lost. But he just walked into her house and lashed out at her when she was just trying to help.

"Maybe let's start with you." Hyunjin retorted with a hint of mockery, which made Yeji raise an eyebrow. "Anything wrong? Anything you're hiding from dear brother?" Yeji took a few steps back as he advanced toward her, eyes wide as if he had went insane.

"You're scaring me Hyunjin. Stop it." Yeji stated firmly, eyes fluttering close as she tried to calm her heart. It brought too many bad memories which she wasn't willing to revive.

Hyunjin finally got a grip on himself as he paused, staring at Yeji's figure pressed against the wall. He sighed at his behavior before dropping onto her bed, massaging his head. Yeji' s eyes opened slowly, hearing the bed creak below Hyunjin 's body.

"Do you...not trust me or something?" Hyunjin sighed miserably as he locked eyes with Yeji again. Yeji tilted her head to the side in confusion, pursing her lips as she went to sit next to Hyunjin on the bed.

"When did you start going to therapy?" Yeji bit on her lower lip to prevent the sigh from escaping out of her mouth, for it would worsen the situation. Hyunjin glanced at his sister who had gone silent, seeing her stare at her sweatpants, playing with her fingers.

"I started a few months ago. I went after getting nightmares for a year or two." Yeji pinched the bridge of her nose as she closed her eyes, calming herself down. Hyunjin watched her every move, processing what she had revealed.

"Is it...helping?" Hyunjin asked slowly, still staring at his sister. She looked over at him after her eyes fluttered open, arm falling onto her lap limply. She nodded her head timidly before tugging on a hair strand, averting her gaze as she mumbled some more.

"I haven't had any sort of dream since then..." The duo sat in silence, looking at each other in silence, willing for the other to break it. Hyunjin did, after breaking eye contact and looking forward again.