Chapter 010

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Discovery<<<

Soobin pushed open the door of the cafe, holding it for Yeji. Yeji smiled thankfully as she heard the cute sound of a bell tinkling above her head. Beomgyu must like old-fashioned things.

"Yeji! We meet again." Beomgyu exclaimed as he walked out of the kitchen, breaking into a grin. Yeji offered a tiny wave and a small smile, her eyes fixated on the cakes that were put on display. "They look beautiful." Yeji breathed in amazement, tracing the intricate designs on the cake that looked too beautiful to eat. She broke into a grin, locking eyes with Beomgyu. "You earned yourself another loyal customer." "Ok before you guys become the best of friends, let's find a seat first." Soobin chuckled, ushering Yeji to the empty seat before anyone else could take it. Yeji turned to face Beomgyu, grinning as he sent her a wink.

"He did this all by himself?" Yeji hummed in amazement, looking around the interior of the cafe, noticing the small plants that were placed everywhere, complementing the wooden floorboards. "Believe it or not." Soobin sighed, looking at his large fingers. "I don't understand why you guys tease him." Yeji chuckled, resting her elbows on the table. "He's pretty smart, but he lacks some common sense." "Sometimes common sense isn't so common." Yeji and Soobin locked eyes, her response was met with thoughtful silence as Soobin looked at Yeji's wistful eyes in wonder.

"Yea, if Yeonjun didn't meet you first, you would've been my girlfriend." Beomgyu sweeps in, interrupting the silence between the two. Yeji offered a small smile, a faint red coating her cheeks. Her eyes widened, seeing the tray he held in his hands with a slice of red velvet cake. "On the house, since you took my side. If you didn't, you would've had to pay extra." Beomgyu grinned playfully as Yeji responded with a chuckle, shaking her head.

"You were eavesdropping?" Soobin said accusingly, glaring at Beomgyu. Beomgyu hit Soobin's head lightly with the tray. Yeji smiled at the bickering duo, eyeing the fork that Beomgyu held in his hand. "Jeez Soobin, the fair maiden had to look at our fight because I forgot to give her the fork," Beomgyu exclaimed mockingly, passing the fork to Yeji as if she was a royal. Yeji accepted the fork and roleplay, playing along as she bowed elegantly.

"It's okay, I like both the flavor and the band, so I could wait." "Yes! Another Reveluv!" Beomgyu beamed, his eyes glinting with happiness. "You like them too?" "Nah, it's just now Yun-Jae can rave about them to you and you won't even be annoyed." Soobin clicked his tongue in annoyance, smacking Beomgyu's butt before shooing him away.

"Sorry about him." Soobin chuckled apologetically."He's funny." Yeji shrugged, digging her fork into the appetizing cake. She was about to pop it into her mouth when she locked eyes with Soobin. She smiled awkwardly, offering the fork to Soobin. He chuckled as he shook his head, scrunching up his nose. "I'm on a diet." "Why? Food is happiness." She chuckled, putting the cake into her mouth. He looked at her in confusement. She wasn't normally like this.

>>>

"I'll drive you home." Soobin grabbed Yeji's wrist, pulling her with him eagerly toward the red car that parked at the side of the road. Yeji silently complied, pouting as she looked at the nearby park.

Yeji buckled her seatbelt, waiting for Soobin to start driving. She smiled in relaxation, as the hood was up, she could feel the slight breeze. Her red hair flowed freely in the wind, Yeji stretching her arms as she looked at the sky. "The sky looks pretty," Yeji mumbled sleepily, her eyes fluttering close. Soobin glanced at the girl, smiling to himself before looking at the road again.

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows when he heard light humming. He turned to Yeji, who was fast asleep. However, the source of the noise came from her. As she readjusted her position, her humming became jerky, proving to Soobin that she was indeed humming. Soobin chuckled in disbelief, shaking his head.

"You truly are a wonder, Hwang Yeji." Soobin bit back his smile, tucking a hair strand that was in her face behind her ear. He turned back to the road as the light turned green. He stepped on the pedal, finally breaking into an endearing smile.

>>>

"Thanks for bringing me to Beomgyu's cafe, it nearly slipped my mind." Yeji smiled at Soobin, her front door coming into sight. "Technically I have to work for him because he did me a favor, but I've been avoiding it." Yeji laughed heartily, leaning on the front door for support after unlocking it. Soobin caught sight of the green bottles on her table as she pushed open the door too far. They looked new as if she had drunk them before she came for the therapy session.

"Bye Soobin. It was great meeting you again." Yeji smiled, walking into the house before closing the door behind her. Soobin furrowed his eyebrows before he rushed to the lift, smashing the button impatiently.

>>>

"Binnie!" Soo-jun smiled cutely seeing her cousin as she opened the front door. Sweat trickled down his forehead as he rested his hands on his knees, panting his answer out. "Hey, cupcake. Can you get your big brother out here?" Soo-jun nodded her head obediently disappearing from the door as Soobin tried to catch his breath. He wiped the sweat off his forehead as he waited for Yeonjun to appear in front of him.

"What is it, Soobin?" Yeonjun raised an eyebrow, his glasses perched at the top of his nose as he was studying earlier. "Oh, and Soo-jun told me to give you this." Yeonjun shrugged, passing the glass of water to Soobin. Soobin smiled gratefully, practically snatching the glass from Yeonjun and gulping it down. Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows at Soobin, stuffing his hands in his pockets as Soobin gasped for air.

"It's about Yeji." Yeonjun peered into the house before grabbing Soobin's arm gently, pushing him away from the door, following behind him. "What happened? Is she okay?" Yeonjun's brows creased in worry as he bombarded Soobin with questions. Soobin offered a painful smile as he gripped the hem of his shirt.

"I think she developed a drinking habit," Soobin mumbled, looking at Yeonjun cautiously. Yeonjun ran a hand through his hair in frustration, cursing under his breath. Yeonjun smiled slightly, patting Soobin on the shoulder. "Thanks for the notice, Soobin."

Yeonjun fished his phone out of his pocket, dialing Yeji's number. Soobin stood there, hoping to witness the duos' conversation. "Yeji?" Yeonjun hummed patiently, playing with his hoodie string. Soobin heard incoherent mumbling at the end of the line, considering Yeonjun had the phone pressed to his ear.

"Look, I know you said that. But we really need to meet up, it's an... emergency." Yeonjun bit his lower lip, glancing at Soobin. He rested his hand on his head, blinking his eyes furiously as he awaited her reply. "The park at Dalla University. Tomorrow, at 3 pm." Yeonjun grinned in relief, flashing a thumbs up to Soobin. Soobin offered a small smile, giving Yeonjun a thumbs up as well.

Yeonjun laughed in relief as he ended the call, stuffing the phone into his jean pocket. "Thanks a lot, Soobin. Oh, by the way, how was her therapy session?" "She didn't want me to come, so I just stayed outside." Soobin shrugged, giving a derp smile as he stared at his sneakers. "Soobin, 2 whole hours?" Soobin sighed impatiently, locking eyes with Yeonjun.

"Fine, maybe you charmed your way into Yeji's heart by pestering her nonstop, but when a woman demands some space, you give it to her! She must feel so suffocated with you." Soobin scoffed, glaring at Yeonjun. Yeonjun was left in shock as he stared at Soobin, who turned his heel and walked away angrily. 

But Yeonjun saw the way his back hunched as if he was disappointed.

-----------------------

~Viky
☕🎶🌸