Chapter 022

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

Thanks for 2k reads lilies <3

>>>Favor<<<

It wasn't even 10 minutes when Yeji got an incoming call from Yeonjun. "What is it, Junie?" Yeji faked a sigh as she placed her bag on the chair at her desk, waiting for Yeonjun to speak.

"Is it okay if you could come over and take care of Soo-jun for a few days? I'm going to a friend's for a few nights to finish up our weighted assessments, and dad's going to Busan to take care of my aunt." Yeji pursed her lips as she listened to Yeonjun, busying her hands.

"Alright, sure. When should I come?" Yeji readily agreed as she walked around the room, trying to find her duffel bag. "Like, right now." Yeji's eyes widened in surprise before she quickened her search for the duffel bag. "I'll be there in 15 minutes."

>>>

Yeonjun offered a smile as he opened the front door to reveal Yeji, her hair tied into a sloppy ponytail and she seemed to already be in pajamas. "Your confidence is admirable." Yeonjun snickered as he let Yeji into the house.

Yeji shrugged nonchalantly despite the flustered red color that tinted her cheeks. She clutched tightly onto the black duffel bag, looking at Yeonjun expectantly. Realization dawned on him before he showed Yeji to the room she'd be staying in for the next few days.

"Soo-jun's attending night academy today, she'll be back at around 8 pm." Yeonjun hummed as he opened the door of the room. Yeji nodded her head in understanding before entering the room and putting the duffel bag onto the bed.

"I'm going in an hour or so; want something to eat?" Yeonjun hummed, leaning on the door frame as he stared at Yeji keenly. She pulled onto her hair tie, letting her hair fall loose and bounce on her shoulders, making Yeonjun flustered.

Yeji offered a smile before nodding her head and walking toward the door. She followed after him as he led them to the kitchen, hitting his red cheeks lightly to get rid of the color.

"Anything you want to eat right now?" Yeonjun asked, turning around to face Yeji as he leaned onto the counter. She pursed her lips, thinking as she played with a hair strand.

"Do you have any popcorn?" Yeonjun nodded his head, walking toward the pantry to get the instant popcorn. Yeji followed after him blindly, unsure of where everything was.

She watched him quietly make the popcorn, enjoying the satisfying sound the popcorn made when it was popping. "Anything you plan on doing in the few days here?" Yeji shrugged, now shifting her focus to the strings of her hoodie before answering.