Chapter 035

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Childish<<<

Yeji glanced at her phone as she tried to listen to the discussion, but got too distracted by something. Had he replied to her yet? She bit back a disappointed sigh as she realized he had seen her message, but blue ticked her.

"What's wrong, Yeji?" Kimi asked gently, observing the younger's upset expression after having checked through her phone. She shook her head slightly, assuring her it was fine before attempting to change the subject.

The group had decided to get together at Beomgyu's cafe, much to U-til's displeasure, for some form of good luck before their results were announced and they were done with school for the year. Yeji was too preoccupied with something else even to feel nervous about her results.

The group continued talking, Beomgyu walking back to the counter to continue working when the topic changed to their exams, where he got bored quickly.

He was busy calculating expenses when he felt a presence at the counter and looked up to see Yeonjun. He raised an eyebrow, bewildered at the surprise visit he paid him.

His confusion increased when he felt Yeonjun tugging on his sleeve, pulling him into the kitchen and away from the customers. Beomgyu scowled before swatting Yeonjun's hand away, dusting off his uniform as he stared at Yeonjun pointily.

"What?" Beomgyu asked sassily, making Yeonjun scoff before he hit him on the back of his head lightly. Beomgyu pouted slightly as he rubbed the back of his head, looking at Yeonjun as he glanced toward the door.

"Did Yeji perhaps...seem very down just now?" Beomgyu tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows as he recalled the peculiar behavior Yeji showed that day. He nodded his head slowly, seeing the worry in his cousin's eyes.

Yeonjun let out a deep sigh before running a hand through his hair, muttering a string of curses under his breath. He glanced at Beomgyu, sensing his confusion before clearing his throat, looking toward the door again before leaning in closer toward Beomgyu.

"She told Soobin about our relationship, and I think he liked her. She's trying to apologize to him but he isn't answering her." Beomgyu's eyes widened in fake surprise, having promised Yeji he wouldn't tell anyone about her dilemma a few days ago.

Beomgyu scrunched his face as a fuzzy memory slowly surfaced in his mind. He remembered dancing in the middle of the dance floor, shaking off all the girls who were entranced with his beautiful face and body.

Soobin had approached him and had asked for Yeji. Beomgyu had drunkenly assumed that Soobin was her date, so he told her where she was, failing to notice his question.

He mentally cursed himself, remembering seeing Yeonjun and Yeji make out in front of Soobin without them knowing before the memory faded to him dancing again.