Chapter 007

[This picture is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Arguments<<<

"What?" Yeonjun asked in disbelief, staring at his father hardly. Bom-jun cleared his throat and folded his arms, standing firm on his decision. "You heard me right. I need you to stop hanging out with Yeji." Yeonjun scoffed at his father, balling his fists up as his eyes hardened. "Why do I need to do that?" Bom-jun huffed irritably before he explained himself. "Do you see how much time you're spending with her? At this rate, your grades will drop, not to mention your finals are coming up." Yeonjun grits his teeth as he bit back at his father. "So what? I do well all the time anyway."

"Are you seriously going to risk that chance just to be with that girl?" Yeonjun laughed in disbelief, folding his arms as well. "Her name is Yeji, the very girl pulling up your daughter's grades." "I know that, but she's helping Soo-jun. She's just distracting you." Bom-jun pointed his finger at Yeonjun, staring at him as his anger started bubbling. Yeonjun never disobeyed him so strongly about his school life.

"I'm just asking for you to stop seeing her so often until finals are over." "Finals are in 4 months!" Yeonjun shouted, losing his cool. He knew his father was reasonable, but would Yeji be able to handle it? She needed someone. "Did you just raise your voice at me, young man?" Bom-jun chuckled in disbelief, approaching Yeonjun. Yeonjun kept silent, glaring at his dad. The sound of hand against cheek echoed in the silent living room. Bom-jun had slapped Yeonjun.

Yeonjun stared at Bom-jun, his eyes brimming with tears. He grabbed his motorcycle helmet and left the house despite his father's desperate apologies. Never had he been slapped by his own father.

>>>

Yeji furrowed her eyebrows in confusion seeing the empty parking lot where Yeonjun's motorcycle would normally wait for her. She turned back to the lift, thinking that maybe he was in the toilet. But still, his motorcycle should be there.

Yeji took out her phone as she walked out of the bus stop, dialing Yeonjun's number. She pressed the phone to her ear as she bit her lip, waiting for his response. "Yes?" Yeonjun hummed in his hoarse voice. "Where are you? Is everything okay?" Yeji fretted, walking quickly to the bus stop as her anxiety rose. Yeji heard Yeonjun's laugh before she halted in her steps. "Yeonjun, you don't sound okay. Where are you?" Yeonjun kept silent under the authoritative tone Yeji had pulled out before he answered quietly. "Ran away from home." "YOU WHAT?!" Yeji shrieked in surprise, putting another hand on the phone as her eyes widened. "You heard me correct." he clicked his tongue in irritation. Yeji grits her teeth at the audacity of the man before she spoke into the phone again.

"If you don't send me where you are in 30 minutes when I find you, I'm bringing the grim reaper with me." She enunciated every word correctly and precisely, telling Yeonjun she wasn't messing around and she meant every single word she uttered. "That means you're dead when I find you." she snapped in annoyance before hanging up the call. She turned around, walking swiftly back to the apartment.