Chapter 017

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Unexpected<<<

"Sorry...for that," Kimi laughed awkwardly as she dabbed the tissue on her face to get rid of the dried-up tears. Yeji returned the smile, looking at her fingers awkwardly.

"Thank you, Yeji. You're really nice." Kimi murmured gratefully, patting Yeji's shoulder. "Of course," Yeji mumbled back, glancing at Kimi with a small smile.

The atmosphere was awkward, of course. It wasn't every day you'd comfort your nemesis, but that's Yeji for you. "Where's Yeonjun?" Yeji hummed curiously, glancing at Kimi once again to observe her reaction. Her grip on the tissue seemed tighter and her eyes clouded with doubt.

"I think he's busy...he didn't answer the door." Kimi smiled awkwardly, fixing her bangs. She then buried her face into her hands, embarrassed with herself. "Maybe I really am a pick me..." Kimi chuckled weakly, tugging onto a hair strand nervously.

"Don't we all act a little clingy with the ones we love? I don't get why people like to call those who actually try to achieve their goal of getting another person to like them as a pick me." Yeji locked eyes with Kimi, eyes softening as a small smile played on her lips.

"We all act differently in front of the ones we love, right?" Yeji assured Kimi, getting up from the bench after patting Kimi's shoulder. She addressed her leave before beginning to walk away. She halted in her steps as she felt Kimi's fingers wrap around her wrist.

"Thank you so much for your wise advice, Yeji. Can I...treat you to something as a thank you?" Yeji's eyes widened before she immediately started to decline the offer kindly. However, Kimi had insisted on it and the duo ended up exchanging numbers before saying their goodbyes to each other.

Yeji skimmed through the number before she turned her phone off, shoving it in her pocket. She then started walking home, but unfortunately locked eyes with Yeonjun who was walking in her direction.

Yeji's eyes softened guiltily before she quickly averted them. She was utterly shocked when Yeonjun walked past her without a word, even having the audacity to lightly bump into her.

Yeji savored his scent as she looked at the floor, smiling sadly. "I guess I deserve that..." Yeji shook away her thoughts before she continued to walk back home.

>>>

"Thank you for all you've done, Ms. Sukie." Yeji sighed gratefully, bowing 90 degrees in respect to the kind therapist that stood in front of her. "Of course, anything for you Yeji. Thank you for being cooperative with me for all these weeks."

The therapy session has ended, and a lot of things were spilled, especially about the reason why Yeonjun wasn't attending the sessions anymore. Ms. Sukie had assured Yeji that it was common and it wasn't a subject to dwell on. Today's focus was on her, not on Yeonjun.