Chapter 021

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Original<<<

"Hyunjin?" Hyunjin hummed at the mention of his name, dabbing the alcohol wipe lightly on the scar that formed near Yeji's lips. They had managed to calm their mother and sent her to bed for she was very exhausted after the disaster. Their father was nowhere to be seen, Hyunjin had guessed he went back to the office.

"What was it like...after I left?" Yeji mumbled as Hyunjin's hands which were busy with the first aid kit froze for a good 5 seconds. He glanced back at his sister, who looked out the window while swinging her legs. He knew that she was acting carefree and not to worry him. She is his twin after all.

"You've asked me this question before." Hyunjin let out a small chuckle as he rummaged through the first aid kit for a bandage. "That was about me. I want to know about...mom and dad's relationship." Hyunjin froze again before turning around to look at Yeji.

"I don't know, they seem very on edge with each other and..." Yeji defended herself but her voice got smaller as she squeezed her fingers insecurely. A small sigh left Hyunjin's lips as he squeezed the cream onto his finger.

"Their relationship deproved, I guess. They got into more fights and they never agreed on things." Yeji looked at Hyunjin thoughtfully as he applied the cream cautiously with concentrating eyes.

Yeji watched Hyunjin silently as he pulled out a bandage for her lip and turn to her again. She spoke again as he put the plaster at the side of her lip carefully. "Mom threatened a divorce just now before things escalated..."

Hyunjin hummed thoughtfully as he returned to the kit, putting back the cream he used and throwing away the used alcohol wipe and the plaster wrapper into the bin while Yeji got off the counter.

"Are you not worried about it?" Yeji leaned onto her brother's back, feeling extremely exhausted herself. "Mom deserves more than a crappy abuser." Hyunjin reasoned, shrugging.

"But this wouldn't even happen if I didn't exist." Yeji pouted as she rubbed her eye tiredly. She looked at Hyunjin who had slowly turned around to face her, his expression serious.

"Don't say that Yeji," Hyunjin mumbled softly, but Yeji let out an irritated sigh as she stomped her foot, walking to her bag. "You know it's true! Dad didn't want twins, he wanted a son."

"Yeji, stop," Hyunjin demanded as he saw Yeji rummaging through her bag for something, he wasn't sure what. But he wasn't going to tolerate her berating herself just because of the shitty man they called dad.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to listen to him?" Hyunjin walked over to his sister, grabbing her wrists gently to prevent her from doing anything else. Yeji looked at Hyunjin firmly before freeing her wrists, shocking Hyunjin.