Chapter 027

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Jealousy<<<

"My God, you scared me!" Yeji clutched her heart which was beating at a rapid pace, glaring at Xiaoting that stood before her sheepishly. Yeji had just emerged from the counseling room after retrieving the charger she left the last session.

"Sorry, Ji. I saw you just now and followed you. Everything is okay now, right?" Xiaoting asked in concern, glancing at the counseling room. Yeji nodded her head, rubbing her chest before letting her hand fall to her side.

"That's good. Anyways, we haven't hung out in a while..." Xiaoting trailed off, grinning as she clung to Yeji's arm. Yeji sighed as a small smile played on her lips seeing her older friend act clingy. "Sure, why not?" Xiaoting did a tiny cheer before she dragged Yeji to God knows where.

As Yeji listened to Xiaoting's chatter, the sound of her phone ringing made her flinch in surprise. She apologized to Xiaoting meekly before retrieving her phone from her pocket, eyebrows furrowing when she looked at the contact name.

"Kimi? To what do I, uh, owe the pleasure?" Yeji answered the phone uncertainly, glancing at Xiaoting that was looking at her questioningly. Yeji mouthed to Xiaoting that she was a friend before Kimi spoke, her voice shaky.

"Yeji, I'm walking to your school. There's this guy that's following me...Could you meet me at the school entrance?" Yeji's eyes widened before she agreed immediately, shooting Xiaoting an apologetic look before sprinting off, Xiaoting looking at her in bewilderment.

Yeji looked around the school entrance for the familiar face, biting her lip anxiously. She sighed in relief as she spotted Kimi, who looked fearful as she scanned the crowd for Yeji. Yeji rushed toward her seeing the shady man that she supposed was the stalker.

"Kimi, it's been so long!" Yeji gushed with mock cheeriness, willing herself not to look at the stalker. Kimi caught on quickly with the act before squealing with her, chattering excitedly. Thankfully, the stalker had gotten annoyed that he had little to no hope of cornering the attractive Japanese girl.

"Thanks so much, Yeji." Kimi sighed as she hugged Yeji tightly, Yeji returning the hug with an assuring pat on the back. "Do you know him?" Yeji asked, peering at the man before she looked back at Kimi, disgusted.

"He's a TA. I've seen him a few times in our lectures, and he seemed shady the moment I saw him anyway." Kimi shuddered at the thought as she gripped tightly onto Yeji's hand. Yeji smiled softly before she patted her hand comfortingly.

"I'll walk you home," Yeji offered kindly, to which Kimi smiled gratefully. "Thanks, Yeji, but could we swing by a cafe? I don't feel like going home right now," "Sure! My friend works nearby at a cafe, we can go there." Kimi nodded in agreement at the offer before Yeji led her to the cafe, talking to her to try to take her mind off the events that had just happened.