Chapter 023

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner 🥺]Not me trying to feed you with updates before I go on hiatus next week for abt 2 months :(

Not me trying to feed you with updates before I go on hiatus next week for abt 2 months :(

>>>Pounding<<<

Yeji mumbled under her breath as she listed out the long list of topics tested in the final. She sighed deeply as she fell onto her bed, fluttering her eyes closed as her heart hammered in anxiety.

Immediately, she got up from the bed and walked toward her desk, turning her computer on. She referred to the list of topics, nitpicking the ones she didn't clearly understand, which only added to her anxiety when she realized it was a relatively long list.

"Yeji, I'm done. Can we watch some tv?" Yeji's head whipped toward the sound of the light airy voice that belonged to Soo-jun. Yeji offered a weak smile to the girl who stood at the door before getting up, glancing at her computer longingly before following Soo-jun out of the room to accompany her while she watched tv.

"Let's watch Enola Holmes!" Soo-jun grinned as she grabbed the remote that rested on the coffee table before making herself comfortable on the sofa next to Yeji. Yeji hummed in agreement, crossing her legs as her eyes fluttered close at the thoughts of her finals.

Soo-jun placed the remote next to her before snuggling next to Yeji, placing her head on her chest. Yeji smiled slightly at the intimate behavior before she started to play with her hair.

It was safe to say that Yeji couldn't focus on the movie. She kept herself from the negative thoughts as she played with Soo-jun's soft hair while she bit her lip nervously.

"Alright, time to go to bed." Yeji huffed as she glanced at the clock after the movie ended, which showed 10 pm. Soo-jun whined in protest but nonetheless got up to go and brush her teeth after saying good night to Yeji.

Yeji sat there, staring into space for a few seconds before getting up and walking toward the kitchen. She opened the fridge and pulled out a can of coffee, huffing in determination. She rushed back to her room to start on the revision she should've started a few weeks ago.

>>>

Yeji yawned slightly as she glanced at her watch. She rubbed her eyes sleepily before finishing the rest of her coffee and throwing it into the bin where many other coffee cans were thrown into. She then walked toward the bathroom to wash her face and get rid of the obvious fact she didn't sleep before Soo-jun got up for school.

Yes, Yeji did pull an all-nighter. She knew full well it would deteriorate her health, but this is what Yeji does when she's nervous. She knows it would affect her performance eventually, but she can't help it.

"Had a good sleep?" Yeji chuckled tiredly as Soo-jun emerged from her bedroom, rubbing her eyes sleepily. Soo-jun nodded her head slowly before trudging toward the bathroom, Yeji ruffling her hair slightly.