Chapter 030

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Secret<<<

"Soo-jun?" Yeji raised an eyebrow as she saw the familiar figure standing in front of her door. She offered a sheepish smile before shifting her weight awkwardly.

"I thought maybe I could drop by? But if you're busy-" "Oh! No, no, come in!" Yeji cut in, remembering her initial request when she was over at Yeonjun's the other day. She let the soon-to-be teenager into the house, closing the door after her.

"What are you doing here? Judging by your outfit, I would think you have to be somewhere else." Yeji asked, observing Soo-jun's outfit of the day which was a baggy cardigan with a pair of high-waisted jeans. The girl might be young, but she had a taste.

"I...have to tell you something," Soo-jun revealed nervously, playing with the sleeve of her cardigan which was too long for her arms. Yeji nodded her head hesitantly before letting her sit on the bed, so she could tell her whatever she needed to.

"What's wrong?" Yeji asked kindly, seeing Soo-jun's nervous state as she kept looking at her slender fingers nervously. Yeji was bracing herself for the news, seeing Soo-jun so anxious made her worried too.

"It's...Yeonjun." Yeji's eyes widened as her heart began to pound against her ribcage, what was this man up to again? She immediately draped a hand over Soo-jun's shoulders giving a reassuring pat. Soo-jun shook her head slightly, confusing Yeji.

"No, it's not...what you're thinking about or anything. But, before I tell you, promise not to tell him I said it." Soo-jun quickly pleaded, holding out her small pinky for Yeji to promise. Yeji chuckled in confusion before lacing her pinky with hers, giving Soo-jun the courage to spill the beans.

"He's...how do I put this? Pretty damned." Soo-jun revealed hurriedly with the snap of her fingers, having found the word to describe his situation. Yeji tilted her head in confusion, eyebrows furrowing as her heart began to beat even faster.

"He really misses you...he's just scared to...ask you again?" Soo-jun fumbled with her words as she talked with her hands, eyes straying away as she tried to phrase it properly. Yeji's eyes softened at the realization as her heart rate slowly started to return to normal.

The duo sat in silence, Soo-jun watching Yeji process her thoughts quietly before she quietly stood up and grabbed her purse. She cleared her throat slightly as Soo-jun started to take her to leave.

"Where are you going? I'm going to Beomgyu's cafe, so I can walk with you?" Yeji asked uncertainly as she watched Soo-jun take her own bag and sling it over her shoulder. She denied the offer with a shake of her head, a small guilty smile decorating her lips.

"I'm going in the opposite direction. I'm meeting up with some of my friends at the cinema." Yeji nodded her head in understanding before they exchanged goodbyes, Yeji watching Soo-jun leave before she, too, took her departure from her house.