Chapter 016

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Concept<<<

Currently playing: SRIRACHA by TXT...

Yeji hummed to the tune of the catchy TWICE song "The Feels" as she walked toward the shopping mall, often swaying her hips as she remembered the choreography she remembered from their stage.

Yeji pulled down her sunglasses as she glanced at the majestic exterior of the futuristic mall before her eyes strayed toward the crowd formed in front of the mall. She had spotted Soobin with ease, standing out with his height and purple hair as he was scrolling through his phone.

"Hi, Binnie." Yeji grinned cutely as she approached Soobin, locking eyes with him. He looked at her suspiciously, putting his phone back into his jean pocket. "Have you been drinking again?" Soobin asked, to which Yeji's smile dropped and was replaced with a scowl.

"My concept for today is cute. Aren't I playing it well?" Yeji twirled a few strands of hair that was tied in pigtails with her finger, looking at Soobin expectantly. "Very cute," Soobin snickered, to which he earned a playful smack from Yeji.

"Let's go in!" Yeji exclaimed childishly, grabbing Soobin's hand before pulling him into the mall with her. Soobin stared at her figure, smiling slightly as he glanced at her purple sweater which complemented her plaid mini skirt. He felt a blush coat his cheeks as he shook his head slightly, walking by Yeji's side.

"What do you want to do; eat or...?" Soobin asked unsurely for he was unsure of what girls normally did when they went shopping. "Let's eat first; I'm craving dumplings." Yeji pouted, facing Soobin. Soobin felt his face heat up before he nodded, mumbling incoherent words as he lead Yeji to the dumpling place he frequented whenever he came.

"What could I get for you today?" The young waitress hummed politely, clicking her pen as she glanced at the duo who stared at their menus. "Let's go with the couple's meal." Yeji smiled at the waitress, which made Soobin choke on the water he was drinking.

"Yeji; you sure you haven't been drinking?" Soobin coughed as he watched the waitress rush away to get napkins for him. Yeji looked at her menu, mumbling her response. "It's cheaper than buying 2 separate meals." Soobin smiled weakly at her as he felt his heart drop slightly.

"Sorry about that, we'll get the couple's meal, Set A," Soobin mumbled to the waitress before glancing at Yeji who was examining her nails in boredom.

"Thank you for the meal." Yeji thanked the waiter politely, who had placed their dishes on the table for them. He bowed his head slightly before rushing into the kitchen, Soobin glaring after him.

"Enjoy!" Yeji hummed as she took her chopsticks to swirl the ramen in an attempt to cool it down. Soobin poked his chopstick into a dumpling, blowing on it before taking his first bite.