Chapter 026

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Second<<<

"Yeji? What's going on?" Soobin squinted at the girl as she approached him eagerly. Since Yeji was in a dilemma, it was only fair she went out on a date with both of them.

"I'm bringing you on a date," Yeji grinned before lacing her arms with Soobin's, dragging him with her. "What? So suddenly?" He asked frantically as he fixed his bangs as if it would've changed the fact that he hadn't dressed up for the occasion.

"I wanted to introduce you to this cafe!" Yeji grinned as she opened her arms wide, presenting the cosey cafe to Soobin. Soobin's eyes strayed toward the inside of the cafe, which didn't have many customers.

"Come on!" Yeji urged as she pulled Soobin into the cafe, a tiny bell tinkling above their head, creating a somewhat nostalgic feeling for the young adults.

"Yeji! To what do I owe the pleasure?" Jisu grinned as she glanced at Soobin, approaching them. Yeji bit back her laugh seeing Jisu discreetly checking him out.

"I'm on a date, Jisu." Jisu looked at Yeji in alarm, slowly giving a guilty smile before disappearing behind the counter, waiting for their orders.

"Anything you fancy, Soobin?" Yeji hummed, turning to the younger one who had bent slightly to read the menu that was taped onto the counter. Soobin pointed to the drink before reading it out, looking at Jisu expectantly.

"Name?" Jisu asked politely, which baffled Yeji since she quite literally said his name a few seconds ago. "Soobin," Jisu smiled slightly as she inclined her head before scribbling it down on the empty cup, having scribbled Yeji's name down already.

"I'll be right there, take a seat while you wait please." Jisu winked before bustling about to make their drinks. Yeji and Soobin glanced at each other before shrugging, looking around the empty cafe for a seat that appealed to them.

They sat down at the table, near the window as they waited for their drinks, the silence slowly becoming awkward. "Is she your friend?" Soobin asked quietly, looking at his fingers shyly as he tried to initiate a conversation. Yeji smiled slightly before nodding, her eyes straying to Jisu who was concentrating on making the drinks.

"Choi Jisu. Korean-Canadian. Plans to move back to California once that darn university there finally accept her." Yeji hummed simply, catching Soobin staring at her curiously. A small smile decorated her face before her eyes wandered outside, spotting a small boy approaching them.

Instantly, a toothy grin was plastered on Yeji's face as she turned her body to face the boy, catching Soobin's attention. A fond smile was spotted on his face as he watched Yeji look at the young boy in bewilderment, having just blown air onto the window. It was still relatively cold in Korea, so it was still possible seeing mist form on surfaces.