Chapter 028

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Accident<<<

"Am I supposed to know you?" Hyunjin asked uncertainly, scanning Xiaoting up and down, trying to recollect any sort of interaction they had. Xiaoting shook her head furiously as she lost her grip on her coffee.

Xiaoting looked at the spilled coffee on the floor, lost. Hyunjin sensed her confusion as she stumbled over her feet, eyes darting everywhere as she mumbled incoherent words.

"Miss? Are you okay?" Hyunjin approached her carefully, people passing by not sparing a glance at the duo as they continued with their daily life. Xiaoting locked eyes with Hyunjin and Hyunjin's heart skipped a beat staring into her youthful eyes.

"Yeji...We have to get you to Yeji," Xiaoting tugged onto Hyunjin's sleeve, unintentionally stepping on the spilled coffee. Hyunjin chuckled slightly seeing Xiaoting get flustered, looking at the sticky mess beneath her.

"I guess she hasn't told you. We met already. About a month ago." Xiaoting's eyes widened as a tint of red-coated her cheeks. She looked away, squeezing her eyes together tightly to try and save her from embarrassment.

"First therapy, now this?" Xiaoting mumbled under her breath but froze in her spot when Hyunjin had overheard her. "Therapy?" Hyunjin questioned slowly, to which Xiaoting covered her mouth with her fingertips, looking at Hyunjin in regret.

"No, I said it wrongly, um..." Xiaoting glanced at Hyunjin who awaited her answer impatiently. Xiaoting winced as she scratched her head, trying to think of an answer on the spot.

"I have an aunt named Yeji! Yes, she's going for therapy!..." Xiaoting chuckled nervously before gulping seeing Hyunjin looking at her dead in the eye. Her eyes widened in surprise as she leaned back as Hyunjin leaned forward, studying those youthful eyes she had.

"It doesn't sound so believable..." Her brain jumbling for solutions, she did the first thing she could think of. Run. But of course, Shen Xiaoting isn't that idiotic, she knew she had to come up with a distraction. What she did, however, couldn't justify the fact that she wasn't idiotic. In fact, it supported the said fact.

Xiaoting leaned forward as well, offering Hyunjin a small kiss before she ran off, leaving Hyunjin there, frozen at her action. Xiaoting squealed in embarrassment as she turned the corner in hopes of shaking Hyunjin off.

To be safe, she made a couple of sharp turns to successfully never come face to face with the man again. She slowed down once she made sure she had lost him, resting her hands on her knees as she gasped for air.

"That was close..." Xiaoting sighed in relief as she looked behind her, seeing if the man had ironically found out where she went. "Not close enough, sadly."