Chapter 003

[This photo is not mine and credits to the owner for this photo🥺]

>>>Friends<<<

Yeji bopped her head to the hype song, swaying her body slightly as she walked, her 2 best friends walking next to her, the trio had decided to visit the cafe their friend worked at. "Xiaoting, what's the homework?" "Why should I tell you? What's the point of majoring in architecture if you aren't even going to focus in class?" " For god's sake, it just slipped my mind, geez!"

It was a classic trademark her friends' had, bickering over the most littlest things ever. Being the maknae of the friend group, she watched innocently, still bopping her head to the music. " This is why you're my favorite, Yeji." "She's mine too!" Yeji bit her lip nervously, the sudden attention pressurizing her. Whenever her parents paid attention to her, it always came with expectations.

"Anyway, what are you listening to Yeji?" Xiaoting hummed as she linked arms with her, pulling her away from her other best friend, U-til. "Zoo by NCT and aespa." "Oh my god, that song is a freaking bop!" Being the closest of friends, Yeji felt indifferent when Xiaoting pulled out an earphone to listen to the music as well. In sync, they danced to the chorus as they walked, U-til staring at them in disbelief. A laugh escaped Xiaoting's lips as their telepathy was amazing while Yeji smiled.

The whole walk there, it was basically just Xiaoting talking to herself as Yeji vibed to music, U-til doing his own thing with his hands in his pockets. The trio entered the comfy cafe, welcoming the air-con with open arms. Yeji stopped the music before sitting down at one of the stools with Xiaoting and U-til waiting for their other said friend that worked at the cafe. "Y'all are here!" Jisu exclaimed happily, sitting next to them as she untied her apron. "How's work Jisu? Any news from that university in Canada?" Jisu's lips formed into a pout as she shook her head. "No news yet, but the semester only starts in like 7 months. And the cafe's doing well." "That's good, I can't send my baby to somewhere so far." Xiaoting cooed endearingly, pinching Jisu's squishy cheeks, Jisu whining for her older friend to stop. Yeji drummed her fingers against the counter restlessly, examining the cafe. "Any drinks for y'all?" the cashier/barista Jisu asked politely, standing up again and tightening her ponytail.

After placing their orders, the original trio made small talk, talking about their own majors and stuff related to life. As usual, Yeji kept to herself, listening tentatively to her friends. A notification from her phone surprised Yeji as she awkwardly apologized before grabbing her phone. She opened the notification, sighing shakily seeing the message she's been waiting to see with dread and a little hope.

Your therapy session is scheduled for Saturday at 3 pm. You are required to bring a friend or close relative for the following therapy sessions. Thank you and see you soon, Ms. Sukie.

"I have something to do first, I'll go." Yeji smiled weakly to her friends, grabbing the caramel macchiato Jisu had prepared for her. Her friends shrugged it off, waving goodbye to Yeji.