Chapter 012

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Downhill<<<

Yeji snapped her head toward her brothers' voice, surprise evident in her eyes. Hyunjin walked toward them, sending a murderous glare Yeonjun's way. He couldn't care less if he was older right now.

He pulled Yeji to her feet, shielding her with his body overprotectively. "Hyunjin..." Yeji whispered, tugging on his shirt softly. Hyunjin glanced at her and softened as their eyes locked together, his ones staring into her innocent ones. Yeji bit her lip, shaking her head.

Hyunjin sighed roughly, ruffling his hair. Yeonjun looked at Hyunjin in anticipation, dreading what might happen next. "Soobin, could you perhaps bring Yeji home for me?" Soobin's eyes widened before he nodded uncertainly. Hyunjin turned around to face Yeji, putting his hands on her shoulders lightly. "I'll call you, alright?" Yeji nodded absent-mindedly before following after Soobin, sparing an apologetic glance toward Yeonjun. He shook his head lightly, smiling slightly.

"Yeonjun, right?" Hyunjin addresses him firmly. Yeonjun nodded uncertainly, feeling awkward with the upcoming lecture from a person younger than him. "What do you feel about Yeji?" Hyunjin hummed nonchalantly, tapping a finger on his bicep, and raising an eyebrow.

"I like her. From the very first moment she moved in, I had a tiny crush on her. But it wasn't infatuation in the end." Yeonjun said firmly, his hands balling into fists in determination. Hyunjin seemed unfazed, still standing firm on his decision.

"Stay away from her." Yeonjun sighed irritably, running a hand through his hair. "Why does everyone say that? We like each other, so why can't we be together?"

"Yeji is my only sister. What if you break up? Will you be responsible? Do you think as a brother I can just watch as she locks herself in her room, crying her eyes out? She already suffered enough from our parents. I don't need you in the picture just yet." Yeonjun softened as he saw Hyunjin's eyes pooling with tears. He blinked them away, regaining his stoic expression.

"Just stay away... For now." Hyunjin sighed before walking away, leaving Yeonjun standing at the table all alone. He sighed wearily, sitting down again. He rubbed his face tiredly before pouring himself another glass of soju.

>>>

Yeji's eyes fluttered open as she heard her phone ring. She bit the inside of her cheek as she saw Hyunjin's name on the screen. She accepted the call, putting the phone to her ear. "What did you do with Yeonjun?" Yeji asked softly, playing with her bedsheets.

"Yeji...do you really love him?" Hyunjin whispered back, and Yeji could hear the hesitation in his voice. "I don't know." Yeji sighs as she reveals the truth, curling up in a ball.

"He's amazing, but sometimes he questions me too much. I know it's because he's concerned, but I'm 22 years old." Hyunjin stayed silent, causing Yeji to giggle. She teased him playfully. "Sound familiar?" "Oh shut up, you're still 19 in my eyes." She rolled her eyes, smiling softly as she lay on the bed, listening to Hyunjin's soft breathing as if he was contemplating.

"Yeji?" Hyunjin whispered softly before Yeji responded with a hum. "Do you want to meet our parents again?" Yeji's breathing hitched as her hands stopped moving. Her eyes fluttered close as she focused on her breathing. It was useless to have a panic attack now. "I don't know. But, can you do me a favor?" She asked slowly, biting her lip. Hyunjin hummed in response, Yeji sighing wearily before stating her favor.

"Keep this a secret from them. Until I'm ready, at least." Hyunjin agreed faster than Yeji expected, which was a relief. But she had a nagging feeling in her heart, causing her to ask her question again.

"What did you tell Yeonjun?" "Nothing," Hyunjin waved it off, offering a hasty goodnight before turning the call off. Yeji furrowed her eyebrows suspiciously, putting the phone on the bedside table.

She bit her nails as her brain whirred. She smiled contently once the plan formed in her head and she could finally enjoy a goodnight's rest after a long time.

>>>

Yeji ran as fast as her legs could carry her, swinging her arms at an unbelievably fast pace. Her grin got wider as she felt herself pick up speed, despite her heavy breathing.

She sighed in relief seeing the school building in front of her eyes. Thank god their universities were close to each other. She swept the hairs stuck to her face due to the sweat back as she tried to catch her breath, weaving through the masses of university students.

Yeji pulled out her rubber band, letting her hair fall onto her shoulders, attracting more attention. She smiled politely, unknowingly sending flutters into certain boys' hearts.

She scanned the area and spotted the tall boy, his back facing her. She grinned delightedly, picking up her pace as she walked toward him. She stopped short when she saw who he was talking to. Hesitantly, she approached the two.

"Yeonjun?..." Yeji mumbled, bowing to the unknown girl he was talking to. Yeonjun turned around, grinning in relief before rushing toward her. "Hi! I'm Kimi." the Japanese girl introduced herself happily, extending her hand for a friendly shake. "Yeji," Yeji adjusted the tote bag on her shoulder before shaking her hand. She surely had a firm grip.

"I'll get going now, Yeonjun." Kimi offered a friendly smile before walking down the university steps. Yeji couldn't help but feel jealous, her fashion was top-notch."Whose that?" Yeji hummed curiously, still looking at the girl's figure.

"A classmate. We were just talking about the schedule for our project since she has her modeling work..." Yeonjun sighed indifferently, smiling at Yeji as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. Yeji felt an unknown pang in her heart, returning the smile weakly.

"Why are you here?" Yeonjun asked happily, wrapping his hands around her waist. Yeji became flustered at the sudden action, putting her hands on his shoulders unsurely. "I-I just wanted to check on you. Hyunjin stayed for pretty long." Yeonjun pouted, unwrapping his hands before folding it.

"I know he's your brother, but the disrespect? Lecturing a person who's a year older in such an informal tone like I'm his best bud or something. Ugh!" Yeonjun huffed, placing his hands on his hips sassily. Yeji giggled, staring at Yeonjun.

Yeji's smile faltered as she heard Yeonjun's phone vibrating. He took out his phone hastily, glancing at the number. "It's Kimi, I'll be back in a while." Yeji watched painfully as Yeonjun excused himself, answering the phone.

Sighing, Yeji turned around and left the university.

------------------

~Viky
🌸🎶☕