Chapter 020

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Fault<<<

Yeji's eyes widened in surprise as she locked eyes with her father, who had just come back from work. He scoffed in disbelief, throwing his work bag down. The two girls watched quietly, Ji-won holding onto Yeji's arms protectively as she looked at her husband.

"Didn't I tell you not to come here anymore?" his voice wavered with unspoken anger, glaring sharply at Yeji. She averted her eyes as she looked down at her shoes, scared. "Look at me when I'm speaking!" Yeji flinched as she heard her dad yell, slowly lifting her head to look at her enraged father.

"Why are you here?!" he questioned, annoyed with her presence. "I-" "I wanted to visit mom since I missed her." Yeji cut off her mother because, if she wasn't mistaken, her father won't hesitate to bring her mother into it. She just knew it.

"Who are you to miss her?! You little shit chose to RUN AWAY!" he shouted, causing Yeji's eyes to flutter close to prevent the tears from escaping her eyes. Tae-Kyung glanced down to her neck, where the familiar necklace rested.

His eyes lit up in fury as he took steps toward Yeji, yanking the necklace off her. Yeji yelped in surprise as her hand immediately shot up to her neck, her eyes fluttering open again. Seeing the necklace in his hands, a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Tae-Kyung!" Ji-won yelled, advancing toward him to grab the necklace. Tae-Kyung pulled back, glaring at her sharply. "Don't start, Ji-won." However, Ji-won persisted, making an attempt to take back the necklace when Tae-Kyung pushed her away.

A hand clasped over Yeji's mouth as she watched her mother stumble over her feet as she tried to regain her balance. Tae-Kyung looked back at Yeji, snaring his teeth at her.

"This is what happens-" "That's it!" Ji-won shouted, making the two look back at her. Her eyes contained pure fury as she pointed a threatening finger Tae-Kyung's way. "You either treat Yeji like your daughter or I am going to file a divorce."

Both their eyes went wide at the sudden statement, and she saw Tae-Kyung's arm holding the necklace fall limply to his side. "You wouldn't." he scoffed, his dangerously low voice making Ji-won gulp fearfully.

Slowly, Tae-Kyung let out a chuckle. A cynical one as he held up the necklace again. He looked back at Ji-won before tossing it to her. He then suddenly advanced toward Yeji, making her stumble back defensively.

"Tae-Kyung!" Ji-won shrieked as he pinned Yeji to the fridge. Yeji squeezed her eyes tight, silently weeping as she felt her dad's hot breath make the hairs on her neck stand. "You listen to me carefully young lady. I am not afraid to show my worst, and you're just asking for it, aren't you?"

Ji-won struggled to pull back Tae-Kyung, asking him desperately to let Yeji go, who was trying to wriggle out of his grasp. Yeji groaned in pain as Tae-Kyun sunk his fingernails deeper into her shoulder."Don't do this..." Yeji's heart hammered in her chest as she softly whispered, the tears now streaming down her face endlessly. "Do what? This?"