Chapter 009

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]A/N: TBH this chapter was supposed to have more things in it, but it's already pretty long so I'll just add that into the next chapter-

A/N: TBH this chapter was supposed to have more things in it, but it's already pretty long so I'll just add that into the next chapter-

>>>Habits<<<

"Where'd you get the glasses? Their pretty." Xiaoting gushed as she linked arms with Yeji. Yeji adjusted her rectangular-shaped glasses before smiling. "Really?" Xiaoting nodded her head, puffing her cheeks out. Yeji chuckled as she looked at the ground shyly, the duo walking away from the school, with U-til following behind.

"Guys, let's go for a drink." U-til suddenly speaks up, catching up to the other two. " I have to tutor my student," Yeji says apologetically, flashing a guilty smile to U-til. "And, plus, finals are around the corner. We should prepare for the project." Xiaoting added, shrugging. U-til clicked his tongue as he waved his hand. "Exactly, finals are in four months. This will be our final chance before we truly get busy. And we can meet up after your session." U-til grinned proudly, walking in front of them with his hands in his pockets. Xiaoting rolled her eyes before they walked after him.

>>>

Yeji looked up from packing her bag in confusion as she heard a knock at the door. She wiped her hands on her jeans out of habit and opened the door to see Soo-jun standing there. "What are you doing here?" Yeji asked, laughing slightly. Soo-jun pouted before shrugging. "Yeonjun told me to come here instead." Yeji nodded her head absent-mindedly before opening the door for Soo-jun.

"Finals are coming up for me; how about you?" Yeji hummed, pointing to the study table before going to the kitchen to grab a glass of water for Soo-jun. "I have a Math test coming up..." Soo-jun sighed unhappily as she plopped onto the spare chair. A laugh escaped Yeji's lips as she sets the cup of water on the table. She locked eyes with Soo-jun, grinning. "Let's go through negative and positive equations again, then." Soo-jun grinned back, zipping open her bag to retrieve her notebook.

"If you need any help with questions, just text me, okay?" Yeji hummed as the lesson ended after 2 hours. Soo-jun nodded her head obediently, grabbing her bag before halting midway. "Yeonjun told me that he wants you to stay out of trouble and not skip your meals." She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. She nodded her head in satisfaction, looking at Yeji. Yeji grinned shyly as she gave Soo-jun a thumbs up. " I thought he only said that to me." Soo-jun giggled before walking out of the house, putting on her shoes.

Yeji smiled softly before glancing at the clock. Making sure Soo-jun was out of sight, she closed the front door and hurried to her room to change.

>>>

Yeji smiled slightly, smelling the enticing aroma of Korean beef. She swept her hair back, looking at the beef grilling eagerly. "You seem eager. Is this your first time drinking?" U-til laughed as he passed Yeji a shot of soju to Yeji before passing another one to Xiaoting. Yeji nodded shyly, looking down at her white heels. "It's been 3 years since we were legally allowed to do so, and yet you weren't curious?" Xiaoting gasped in awe, downing the alcohol in one go. "Let's just say I was really busy 3 years ago." Yeji sighed wearily, also drinking the alcohol. She gasped in contentment, putting the glass down as she savored the taste of soju for the first time.