Chapter 024

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Dilemma<<<

Seeing Yeji collapse, Soobin immediately rushed toward her and held her in his arms, instructing Soo-jun along the way. The duo rushed about, Soo-jun carrying out the instructions as Soobin picked Yeji up and brought her to the room Soo-jun told him where she was staying.

Soobin sighed slightly after tucking Yeji under the covers, looking around the room. The messy desk caught his eye as he nosily approached it. He sifted through the stack of papers of notes and answers before the bin caught his eye.

As he neared it, he sighed once more as he mentally calculated how many coffee cans were in there. Once Soobin counted seven, he massaged his temples as his eyebrows creased in worry.

"Soobin!" Soobin's head snapped toward the sound of the youthful voice, smiling slightly as he saw Soo-jun poking her head into the room to pass the things Soobin had requested.

"Thank you Soo-jun. I'll stay here until I make sure Yeji's okay. Don't tell Yeonjun just yet, okay?" Soobin locked eyes with Soo-jun before she hesitantly nodded and walked out of the room.

Soobin put the medicines on the bedside table before he looked at Yeji peacefully sleeping, not failing to notice the dark eye bags under her eyes. He then walked out of the room to let Yeji sleep alone peacefully.

>>>

"What the hell..." Yeji groaned as her eyes fluttered open to be met with darkness. She rubbed her swollen face as she glanced at the clock, surprised at the ungodly hour.

With great reluctance, Yeji got up from the bed and to the kitchen to get some food to eat, for she was very hungry. She walked toward the kitchen, tied her hair into a sloppy bun, and opened the fridge to get a snack.

"I hope you're not getting another coffee." Yeji shrieked at the sudden voice before a hand was placed on her mouth. "Chill out! It's just Soobin, and Soo-jun's getting some sleep." Yeji locked eyes with Soobin, somehow managing to make out his distinct features in the dark.

A sigh of relief left her lips as Soobin lowered his hand from her mouth before she slapped him across the chest, scowling. "Don't come up from the dark like that, you scared me." Soobin rolled his eyes as he rubbed his chest.

"You know it's dangerous to consume as much coffee as you consumed the other day." Yeji bit her lip as she avoided eye contact with Soobin as she unwrapped the wrapping of the cereal bar.

"I know, it's just that I was stressed with finals coming and all." Yeji sighed as she bit into the cereal bar, locking eyes with Soobin. Soobin's eyes softened seeing Yeji's innocent doe eyes staring back at him.

"Then you create a study plan, not an all-nighter!" Yeji pursed her lips slightly as she heard Soobin sigh roughly while running a hand through his hair in frustration.