10. Suspension

Roxy POV

The second I had said yes Damian's lips were on mine in the most mind-blowing kiss I had ever experienced, I had one hand resting on his chest while the other tangled into his hair and I could feel that his heart was racing just as much as mine was.

We stood in gorilla for the longest time just kissing, losing ourselves in each other and completely forgetting where we were until someone cleared their throat. Breaking apart I turn and find Stephanie standing behind me and boy does she look mad.

"I hate to break up your moment but my office....now" she snaps and begins to walk away.

Damian and I look at each other before following her through the backstage area to her office.

"What the hell was that Roxy?" she asks the second she closes the door "you can't just walk out there and do that"

"What choice did I have?" I ask "She had the number one contenders spot taken from me based on false accusations and on top of that she was trying to take him away from me too"

"First of all I told you I've seen the footage, you cheated" she says "and second do not bring your personal life into work"

"And I told you she didn't cheat" Damian says "she won the match clean"

"Damian you were watching from backstage you cant possibly have seen from all angles" she sighs

"I wasn't backstage I was in the crowd, I saw everything and I am telling you she didn't cheat" he says as I squeeze his hand gently to try and calm him down

"Let me get this straight, I ban you from ringside and you go sit in the crowd" she says "you ignored my orders, you know I should suspend you for that"

"If you want to suspend anyone suspend me" I say before he has chance to speak "I asked him to sit in the crowd it was my idea, I wanted him out there"

"Alright Roxy you are suspended for two weeks" she says "Eva will get her rematch next week and you Damian will stay out of it do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal" he says through gritted teeth

"And another thing, since you decided to kiss him on live tv this" she says waving a finger between us "will now be a storyline when your suspension ends"

Without saying a word Damian gets up and walks out of the room leaving me sat there, I look at Stephanie and give her a small nod before leaving myself just in time to see Damian charging down the corridor.

"Damian wait" I call out but he just keeps walking, either he can't hear me or he is choosing to ignore me.

I continue to follow him through the backstage area, out the back door and round the back of the arena, as I turn the corner I see him kick the trash can really hard knocking it over.

"Damian please calm down and talk to me" I say approaching slowly

"Why did you do that?" he snaps "Why did you take the blame, it was my idea"

"Because I care about you and you have more to lose than me" I say reaching for his hand but he moves it away "Baby please just calm down and lets talk"

"You should have let me take the suspension" he snaps again "you could have stayed here and found a way to get your shot back, but now look, we just got together and now we have to be apart for two weeks and she gets exactly what she wants"

"We would have had two weeks apart regardless of who got suspended" I say "and so she gets the title shot, doesn't mean she'll win and I will be back in time for the tag match"

"If you hadn't come out there tonight none of this would have happened" he says "You should have stayed away"

I reach out for him once again but again he moves and this time walks around me and back towards the door.

"Damian please don't walk away" I plead but he just keeps walking

"Just leave me alone Roxy" he says over his shoulder before heading back inside.

Was this really it? Had I really lost him that quickly? Had I really just given Eva what she wanted? I didn't know, all I knew for sure right now was that the man who meant everything to me had just walked away from me and there was nothing I could do. Falling to my knees I put my head in my hands and allow myself to break.

Damian POV

How could she be so stupid? She had risked everything and got suspended and for what? To make a point?

I was so angry, angry that we were being punished for Eva's false accusations and angry because she had taken the blame for everything, it should have been me that got suspended, I ignored orders, it was my idea and she took the blame.

Walking into the bathroom I lock the door and proceed to splash some water on my face, I needed to calm down so I could think straight. I take a couple of deep breaths, look at myself in the mirror and then it hits me.

She protected me, she took the blame to protect me because she cares about me and I would have done the same thing for her...................oh what the fuck have I done?

I knew what I'd done, I'd let my anger cloud everything and she ended up in the firing line, yeah I was angry but not at her, never at her. Rushing out of the bathroom I head back to where I left her in the hopes she'd still be there so that I could apologise and fix this.

I push the door open and head round to the trash cans but she isn't there, she's gone. My heart sinks as I try to think of where she might have gone, and I could only hope that I can find her before she leaves for home, before I lose her completely.